Minnesota license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.reach

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

is there anybody trying for minnesota license?i got interview.i don't know how to prepare for board interview[not personal interview].is there anybody waiting for interview like me, or recently finished.can anyone plz give me some suggestions
thanks in advance
dr.reach

Members don't see this ad.

hi dr. reach,
when you say you have an interview with the board, do you mean the one whereby you will not have to do the 2 year program but instead they assess your qualifications and eventually give you the license to practice ONLY in the state of minnesota?
Well done for getting that interview and i wish you all the best for it!

hi calalily,
thanks for ur wishes
dr.reach

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody?
dr.reach

good to know about your interview with the board.

i will be trying after my part two .
other formalities have been met

please let me know about your outcome, i am sure they are going to absorb you the earliest.

keep me updated as i am interested in the same. by the way how much was you work experience?

siddharth

dr.reach said:
anybody?
dr.reach

hi siddharth,

sure.i'll let u know my results.i have 3 1/2 years experience.
all the best
dr.reach

hi siddharth ,
how long is the whole process? any thing special you need to have or just bds and practice experience, etc? please detail out how to go about this .thanks

dr.reach said:
hi

is there anybody trying for minnesota license?i got interview.i don't know how to prepare for board interview[not personal interview].is there anybody waiting for interview like me, or recently finished.can anyone plz give me some suggestions
thanks in advance
dr.reach

hi dr. reach,Best of luck for ur interview.i am trying for the same as soon as i finish my pt2.i have few questions if u dont mind,can u please tell me ur stats? how long did it take to reply to ur application?or whats the procedure after applying?

Congratulations. How much was your GPA? What all documents did you submit for your work experience?

Thanks

dr.reach said:
hi

thanks in advance
dr.reach

Congrats Dr reach....

I'll be trying the same after the boards. I would appreciate if you could keep me updated on the process.

Whatever kind of interview you have ahead of you........you will have to sell yourself to those guys..... You have to be able to demonstrate that you are a qualified professional.....be confident....think of the questions that could come up and prepare over and over......You will see that you can come up with different answers for the same question but you want to give always your best possible answer so you to be prepared.

Go to any online search engine and look for topics related to interviews, you may be able to find something related to Dental interviews, if not, regular interview reviews will give you an idea on how to prepare yourself.

God bless you!!! :thumbup:

I have heard that, Minnesota direct licence procedure is going to closed or already closed now, because University of minnesota have started 2 year advanced staning program for international dentists. It is only for those who have already applied in past, So if we have to apply for minnesota licence board now, we can't apply. If anybody has the information please focus on it. Minnesota board was or is the last option to get practice in US without schooling (after closing of california board). Is it true guys?

Hey Stelon,

I called MN State Board and I was told the this change has been proposed. It won't be in effect until the end of this year. They told me we still have about 10 months to apply under the current regulations.

Note the State Board and the UMN are two different institutions, the changes are not specifically because of the implementation of the 2 year program by the UMN.

Even under the new regulation we may have an opportunity to take advantage of applying directaly with the Mn Board.

You guys can check this website www.dentalboard.state.mn.us

Go under 'Statutes & Rules' and then 'Proposed Rules'

Or you can call then at (612)617-2259

Let's keep trying guys....God bless you all :thumbup:

thanks berazil, and hope for the best.

hi berazil

thanks for ur wishes & all the best for ur exam
dr.reach

Berazil said:
Congrats Dr reach....

I'll be trying the same after the boards. I would appreciate if you could keep me updated on the process.

Whatever kind of interview you have ahead of you........you will have to sell yourself to those guys..... You have to be able to demonstrate that you are a qualified professional.....be confident....think of the questions that could come up and prepare over and over......You will see that you can come up with different answers for the same question but you want to give always your best possible answer so you to be prepared.

Go to any online search engine and look for topics related to interviews, you may be able to find something related to Dental interviews, if not, regular interview reviews will give you an idea on how to prepare yourself.

God bless you!!! :thumbup:

Will the procedure closed end of this year or next year????
We need the newest information. Please

Berazil said:
Hey Stelon,

I called MN State Board and I was told the this change has been proposed. It won't be in effect until the end of this year. They told me we still have about 10 months to apply under the current regulations.

Note the State Board and the UMN are two different institutions, the changes are not specifically because of the implementation of the 2 year program by the UMN.

Even under the new regulation we may have an opportunity to take advantage of applying directaly with the Mn Board.

You guys can check this website www.dentalboard.state.mn.us

Go under 'Statutes & Rules' and then 'Proposed Rules'

Or you can call then at (612)617-2259

Let's keep trying guys....God bless you all :thumbup: