minor role in film, should med schools know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

losangeleno1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My name is Tuco Salamanca, and I am a drug addicted lunatic drug-dealer (as you may know from breaking bad), and a med school hopeful too! Nah dude/dudette put it on AMCAS for sure. thats honestly really cool. How minor of a role are we talking now?

Reactions: 5 users
You were an actor. It's a role. Put it on your app if you were proud of it, or leave it off if you felt it was inconsequential.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely put it in there. It adds a unique element to your app and a potential talking point for interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
It is a bit of a hook that will set you apart. No one assumes that actors choose their parts for any reason other than the opportunity to practice their craft; the roles played have no relationship to the personality and behaviors of the actor off-screen.

Reactions: 3 users
It is a bit of a hook that will set you apart. No one assumes that actors choose their parts for any reason other than the opportunity to practice their craft; the roles played have no relationship to the personality and behaviors of the actor off-screen.
Exactly haha. Leonardo Di Caprio played the role of an insane, racist, sadistic plantation owner in Django Unchained. Nobody (at least no sane person) thinks that he's an insane, racist, sadistic plantation owner in real life. but a documentary might be different, it might present OP as the drug-addict or something and OP may think it leaves the impression to other people that he/she is the victim, not an actor

Exactly haha. Leonardo Di Caprio played the role of an insane, racist, sadistic plantation owner in Django Unchained. Nobody (at least no sane person) thinks that he's an insane, racist, sadistic plantation owner in real life. but a documentary might be different, it might present OP as the drug-addict or something and OP may think it leaves the impression to other people that he/she is the victim, not an actor

I'm figuring this is program is providing a portrayal of a real life event in a reenactment.

um doesn't "documentary" ~ nonfictional film?

Definitely mention it! You will want it on record that you were acting in the documentary, not an actual subject. ;) Not all documentaries are clear on these points.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the confidence friends! :) and see ya later SDN! Have fun paying off those loans cuz I'm gonna make it big in Hollywood! jk jk.

It was a pretty minor reenactment role. In a 60 min film, Its anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds. (Not sure exactly :( waiting for its release). it was something though and it could be worth mentioning on app since its gonna be shown by a respected media company and its educational

Last edited:
If you don't put it on AMCAS, definitely mention it when your interviewer invariably asks, "Tell me about yourself!"

Thanks for the confidence friends! :) and see ya later SDN! Have fun paying off those loans cuz I'm gonna make it big in Hollywood! jk jk.

It was a pretty minor reenactment role. In a 60 min film, Its anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds. (Not sure exactly :( waiting for its release). it was something though and it could be worth mentioning on app since its gonna be shown by a respected media company and its educational

More screen time then me! I was in a Navy commercial for about six seconds. Still waiting for my other 14:54 of fame.

Take a look at people's profile pictures here...actors are definitely not looked down upon in the medical field! Says a lot about your talent.