Minority Schools Non-Minorities Shouldn't Apply To

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Magnetek Blue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a list anywhere of schools that accept mainly minority students? I am a white, over-represented majority, and I don't want to accidentally waste my time and money on a school that accepts primarily URMs.

I know Howard and Meharry mainly accept URMs, but are there more :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

it's flagged on the updated school selector
and i think on aamc

Members don't see this ad :)
morehouse even more so than the other two b/c of its small class size....

Drew/UCLA

morehouse even more so than the other two b/c of its small class size....

Drew/UCLA

UCLA? I thought they just had a large Asian population but maybe I'm wrong.

lol, maybe not in medicine, but the thread topic is asking which schools caucasians shouldn't apply to. there is no way ucla is on that list because they have a high amount of asian students.

UCLA? I thought they just had a large Asian population but maybe I'm wrong.

I believe Drew/UCLA is the program for minorities. What most people apply to is the Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, the regular MD track.

I believe Drew/UCLA is the program for minorities. What most people apply to is the Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, the regular MD track.

had no idea :confused:

Actually, all those schools you should apply to as a caucasian or any other ethnicity. Just look at the mission statements because those schools do take them seriously. If you're not interested in pursuing the kind of medicine they're looking to train you for (i.e. serving in underserved communities, etc.), then you'll have a hard time getting in regardless of ethnicity. And if you are and you show it, they'll be interested in you, regardless of ethnicity.

Actually, all those schools you should apply to as a caucasian or any other ethnicity. Just look at the mission statements because those schools do take them seriously. If you're not interested in pursuing the kind of medicine they're looking to train you for (i.e. serving in underserved communities, etc.), then you'll have a hard time getting in regardless of ethnicity. And if you are and you show it, they'll be interested in you, regardless of ethnicity.

:thumbup:

I thought Meharry was welcoming to Caucasians of disadvantaged backgrounds... at least, so they seem to indicate.