Misplaced transcript delaying application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ninjahitsawall

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this thread for awhile, but decided to join because I can't find the info I've been looking for.

Some MPH programs I am applying to (e.g. CSPH) do not send out applications for review until they're verified by SOPHAS. I am pretty frustrated with the whole process right now, as I ordered a transcript on 11/30 (instantly processed, according to the confirmation I received) for a community college course I took over the summer once. This one course is now delaying my entire application. SOPHAS cust. service first told me it was processing, when I called after 10 business days as the website advises. They said to call back if it wasn't posted by end of week, two weeks ago. So I called back again last week and they said it must've gotten lost in the mail, because they didn't have it!

I had to resend a transcript on 12/27 (order actually processed 12/29) for a 1/15 priority deadline. :smack: In my experience, mailed transcripts have taken 9 days to get posted, including weekends/holidays. The difference with this one is that I couldn't attach the request form during the order, so I'm worried it's either going to take forever or get "lost" again.

Considering that my original request was over 6 weeks out from the 1/15 deadline, this is very frustrating, because I could potentially miss out on scholarship opportunities all because of one course I took over the summer once.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a transcript that went missing?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes!

The school I studied abroad through (the American school that administered the program, not the school abroad) managed to send a blank transcript to SOPHAS. SOPHAS did not tell me until 5 days after I had submitted my application. My timeline: requested the transcript 12/5, SOPHAS told me the transcript was wrong 12/20, requested new one from the school 12/20, SOPHAS received it 12/29 and my application was just verified this morning! The priority deadline was I was trying to make was 12/15...

Well, I ended up spending $29 to overnight another transcript (which still took almost a week because the school didn't ship the order for a few days, then it was the weekend). Included my CAS# in the mailing address since I couldn't use the form - something I found in the FAQ's AFTER I requested the resend. I even called SOPHAS to make sure I was writing out the mailing address correctly. I then was notified a transcript was received on 1/10 and verified 1/11, early the next morning. Then I got another email that a transcript was received...lol. So it all worked out and I probably didn't have to spend that extra $. But, better safe than sorry I guess.