Missed a Diversity Photo for the Deans Office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharklasers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my deans office emailed 15 or so people asking if we would be able to take an hour to participate in a photo for the diversity portion of our college of medicine's website.

I had something else that morning that I got caught up in and missed it. This was supposed to be last friday.

I actually just remembered.

I don't want to leave a lasting negative impression with the Deans Office because of how important the Dean's Letter is for residency.

Since it was nothign that serious and just a photo shoot for the website, should I just forget about it, instead of taking the risk of reminding them?
Or should I apologize, via email or personally?

I am thinking the former, because I never even got an email saying I wasn't present or it was a professionalism violation or whatever. I figured it must not have been that big of a deal and they didn't take attendance or something.

What do yall think?

Members don't see this ad.

So my deans office emailed 15 or so people asking if we would be able to take an hour to participate in a photo for the diversity portion of our college of medicine's website.

I had something else that morning that I got caught up in and missed it. This was supposed to be last friday.

I actually just remembered.

I don't want to leave a lasting negative impression with the Deans Office because of how important the Dean's Letter is for residency.

Since it was nothign that serious and just a photo shoot for the website, should I just forget about it, instead of taking the risk of reminding them?
Or should I apologize, via email or personally?

I am thinking the former, because I never even got an email saying I wasn't present or it was a professionalism violation or whatever. I figured it must not have been that big of a deal and they didn't take attendance or something.

What do yall think?

Well, now I'm going to think your medical school is less diverse because you failed to show up for the photo.

Were you supposed to be one of the diverse ones in the photo, or are you just a regular white male?

Members don't see this ad :)
diverse ones lol

either way, i dont know why i thought asking you guys would be better than asking a classmate who actually went... which i just did haha

i guess we can close this thread or something

If he brings it up accuse him of racism / treating you like a token URM for asking you to be in a demeaning photo.

None of the above would be true OF COURSE, but people in administrative positions will do anything to keep from getting the racism finger pointed at them. It's a very thick, stubby, and muscular finger because it does a lot of pointing. So fat that all it's guiacs come back positive.

Were you supposed to be one of the diverse ones in the photo, or are you just a regular white male?

And this statement is not racist/sexist?

unless they needed you for the token black guy role, you are probably ok

Relax. All those people in diversity photos look alike.

I'll relax when this anti-white propaganda stops. Isn't it enough that if you are "diverse" you can get into schools with less work and get jobs with less work?

I'll relax when this anti-white propaganda stops. Isn't it enough that if you are "diverse" you can get into schools with less work and get jobs with less work?

Haha oh Shnurek always looking for a reason to rile the med students up. Are you sad that your usual go to of "optometrists are taking over the world" isn't working anymore?

Haha oh Shnurek always looking for a reason to rile the med students up. Are you sad that your usual go to of "optometrists are taking over the world" isn't working anymore?

Ya :(

And this statement is not racist/sexist?

I'm just looking at it from the photographer's point of view. If I lost a generic white guy, it wouldn't be all that difficult to find a replacement in a medical school. But I don't know what I would do if I lost the only half Mexican, half Hasidic Jew in the class....a diversity photo just can't recover from a setback like that.