Missing Internship Application Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princess_phd

Reaction score
** UPDATE: Thanks all - I emailed them the materials and they graciously added the materials to my application materials.

Hi Fellow Applicants -

I just realized that I didn't include writing samples for a site that requested them. Is it worth sending the site an email apologizing and attaching the writing samples?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It never hurts to try. If they decide to review them, great. If they do not, well you won't always wonder 'what if' and you'll start triple and quadruple checking future applications.

Hi Fellow Applicants -

I just realized that I didn't include writing samples for a site that requested them. Is it worth sending the site an email apologizing and attaching the writing samples?
Yes you definitely should!! It's not weird at all, I had to do this and it wasn't a big deal at all :)

Hi Fellow Applicants -

Definitely! When I applied for internship, my school mistakenly released the prerequisite course transcript instead of the actual transcript. One of the training directors emailed me and let me know. I ended up having to email all sites that I had applied. They were all very nice about it, except for an Ivy League university site that never responded. So I would say definitely worth sending an email and attaching your writing samples. Good luck with your matching process! :)