Mississippi State c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
;) I do what I can. As for the question you posed....oh let's see...

I've thought about power outages, floods, tornados, cut telephone lines, a re-haul of the entire office's technological equipment, Missy going on strike, the ad-coms getting into fistfights over who to accept/reject, a violent stomach bug attacking the entire MSU vet school staff & ad-coms....

Any other suggestions? :D
:thumbup: I think you finally found a way to distract us all from our worrying.

Ummm....what about a rabid dog on the loose? :p

I think Missy may have just been busy today. It has to take forever to call everyone on the list, and I'm sure she has other duties.

Members don't see this ad.

Ah, but it's much more fun to get creative with our worries. :p

A rabid dog got loose in the vet school, tripped the staff member carrying the stack of "accepted" applicant files (which were all dropped on the ground), and then jumped on the desk with the stack of "rejected" applicant files and knocked them all to the floor. All the files have been mixed up and the ad-coms have to re-do the entire class selection. And I'm sure a cup of coffee was sitting on the desk and was spilled directly on only my file which means they have no idea who I am and can no longer read my name or my cell number on my file. :D

Any other suggestions? :D

Maybe all the interviewers are at the Western Vet Conference in Vegas right now and decided to postpone the rest of the decision-making? I know for a fact that at least one of the faculty members is attending!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe all the interviewers are at the Western Vet Conference in Vegas right now and decided to postpone the rest of the decision-making? I know for a fact that at least one of the faculty members is attending!

And anyone still in Starkville is probably more concerned with the huge beatdown their basketball team is dishing out to UK right now.... at least for tonight

Today is a new day! :D Maybe today is the day? Good luck to all! ;) I'm trying to stay positive.

Yes! Remain positive! I'm surgery tech right now for a splenectomy and I'm constantly checking my phone...no good!

I just recieved a call from Missy, so I know she's at least making a few today.

Rayray, what day did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm in shock. o_O

I'm going to vet school. In the United States. I'm going to be a vet. Holy crap.

Congratssss!!!!!!

Now can you guys send some of that luck my way?! Ha. Any idea about the order?

I have no idea how I quoted mooshagen's post from earlier...?

I think I'm in shock. o_O

I'm going to vet school. In the United States. I'm going to be a vet. Holy crap.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Did you apply out of the States this year?

Congratssss!!!!!!

Now can you guys send some of that luck my way?! Ha. Any idea about the order?

I got the call around 11:30 this morning and my last name starts with B....no idea if they are going alphabetically. But there ya go :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Did you apply out of the States this year?

Thank you!!! I did; I applied and was accepted to Ross. I was really hoping I didn't have to move that far away and pay that much $$$ though...

I got the call around 11:30 this morning and my last name starts with B....no idea if they are going alphabetically. But there ya go :)

My call was at 10:55am CST... My last name starts with a D and I interviewed on Valentines Day.

congratulations to all of those who got accepted! im a nervous wreck here but honestly, i have very little hope...i just cant wait for the waiting to be over!

congratulations to all of those who got accepted! im a nervous wreck here but honestly, i have very little hope...i just cant wait for the waiting to be over!

Why do you have very little hope?! I'm getting a little nervous myself... =/

Why do you have very little hope?! I'm getting a little nervous myself... =/
aw sorry i hope i didnt make you nervous, i just dont feel like im that strong of an applicant & you could say im something of a pessimist dont you go losing hope just yet!

Thanks for all the help and information! Congrats again!

Everyone else...Keep those spirits up!!

Last edited:
Just asked Missy, as of 2pm (MS time) she's only called half the people on her list so far.

Thanks for that news!! Do you have any idea what the call order is? Or, the biggie, when the emails go out? Thank you!

Just asked Missy, as of 2pm (MS time) she's only called half the people on her list so far.
Thanks for asking...... That was thoughtful!!!! I'm sure we are all staring at our phones today : ))))

Just got my call from Missy!! I have been so neurotic today...I really felt like I was in the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" by waiting by the phone all and making up excuses in my head for why my phone wasn't receiving calls.

Just to let y'all who are still waiting know, I interviewed on the 8th and my last name starts with M. Hang in there, and don't stress yourself out!

:)

Arg. I interviewed on the 8th too, and my last name starts with F. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a call and I'm freaking out about it. :(
Congratulations to all accepted, though!

Just got my call from Missy!! I have been so neurotic today...I really felt like I was in the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" by waiting by the phone all and making up excuses in my head for why my phone wasn't receiving calls.

Just to let y'all who are still waiting know, I interviewed on the 8th and my last name starts with M. Hang in there, and don't stress yourself out!

:)

Congrats! :)

So happy for everyone! Enjoy the moment!! See You all this summer :)

check your emails. i just got one saying that im an alternate. sigh. heres to another month and a half of waiting...

I'm an alternative too... But ill be declining the spot (whatever spot that is) so maybe someone else can take it.

Also an alternate. *sigh* Well, it was nice knowing you guys!

Well great. Alternate at MSU and at Auburn. Better than the last two years but this still totally sucks.

I would guess it is bulk but don't quote me on that.

I was in my Anatomy lab and apparently this thread got crazy during that time. :p I'm an alternate as well! :D I'm still going to keep positive about it.....

Im an alternate as well! :) Does anyone know how many people are on the alternate list and how many they accept off of it?

Has anyone found out their respective wait list position? I'm still waiting.