You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mississippi State c/o 2016 Applicants
Started by drwildlife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone found out their respective wait list position? I'm still waiting.
I spoke to Dr. Meiring about this back in January~ he said that Mississippi hasn't released waitlist positions to the applicants in the past, and didn't indicate that it would be changing this year. From what I understand after talking to current students, the school generally goes through a significant number of waitlisted applicants when filling the class... I even heard that they had to contact a person from the rejected list a few years ago, so don't lose hope quite yet!

I spoke to Dr. Meiring about this back in January~ he said that Mississippi hasn't released waitlist positions to the applicants in the past, and didn't indicate that it would be changing this year. From what I understand after talking to current students, the school generally goes through a significant number of waitlisted applicants when filling the class... I even heard that they had to contact a person from the rejected list a few years ago, so don't lose hope quite yet!![]()
The email stating alternate status specifically says to email Missy for approximate waitlist number. I'm hoping for a response soon! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still waiting to find out my alternate ranking too. 🙁 i know missy's super busy, but i really hope she gets back to us soon. i haven't always had the best luck with getting my emails returned. i'm already debating on how many days i should wait before resending my email. or just calling. haha. it's so hard to focus on school with this going on.
On another note - does anyone know if anyone that interviewed has actually gotten rejected yet? It seems like it's been either all acceptances or alternates....makes me think the alternate list must be massive....😕
On another note - does anyone know if anyone that interviewed has actually gotten rejected yet? It seems like it's been either all acceptances or alternates....makes me think the alternate list must be massive....😕
I'm having the same dilemma about calling or emailing again. I might just call after classes today. Our emails did say that we could find out our respective positions. Also I know a few people from my college who have heard nothing at all, so I'm my sure if that's good or bad news for them.
I'm having the same dilemma about calling or emailing again. I might just call after classes today. Our emails did say that we could find out our respective positions. Also I know a few people from my college who have heard nothing at all, so I'm my sure if that's good or bad news for them.
I'm pretty sure it's bad news, considering the trends from the past...🙁
I am exactly in the middle according to Missy. Anyone know how many total on the list? I was so nervous I completely forgot to ask. She says I stand a chance, but not a high one.
Good luck all in getting their positions. And congrats to those with acceptances.
(Maybe the next person to call can ask how many on the list lol)
Good luck all in getting their positions. And congrats to those with acceptances.
(Maybe the next person to call can ask how many on the list lol)
I'm at the top of the list!!! No promises, but the odds are 'very good' that she'll call me! I really really hope so!😍
Glad to hear that they let you know kinda where you stand (and that you have such a good chance)! My fingers are crossed for all of you!
I'm at the top of the list!!! No promises, but the odds are 'very good' that she'll call me! I really really hope so!😍
Ooooo good luck!!

thought you guys might like to know - missy told me she expected to start calling people off the alternate list in late march. i'm not sure how accurate that will turn out to be based on past years, (ppl didn't start hearing until mid april) but that's what she told me, nonetheless.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if missy has started calling alternates at all?
does anyone know if missy has started calling alternates at all?
I spoke with Missy yesterday, she anticipated beginning the calls today and tomorrow, possibly into next week.
You called and asked? I was contemplating doing so. I guess Missy will start calling OOS students next week then.
Yeah, I'm dying over here. I had to call. She's pretty busy though, so I felt badly afterward!
anyone hearing anything?
I spoke to her last week, and I asked her how fast the waitlist was moving and she said: "not fast enough for me". She did say that I moved up on the list, but I'm still in the middle...I suppose less people are declining their spots this year 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still nothing from mississippi anyone?
You should try calling Missy to ask. She's really nice and will be honest with you.still nothing from mississippi anyone?
Congratulations!!!!!! 😀😀😀I got the call today! I'm going to be a vet! I can't believe it! Now I'm overwhelmed...
My friend is getting ready to move up there really soon. 🙂 You really don't have long until classes start....
thats awesome moonskye, congrats!
I got the call today! I'm going to be a vet! I can't believe it! Now I'm overwhelmed...
Way to go, moonskye!! I can't wait to meet you in a few weeks!! 🙂
On a separate note, has anyone started buying textbooks yet? Or should we wait until we get there and get our specific class instructions/requirements?
3
310509
I personally bought mine before I got there (and actually, one of your classmates already bought all of the ones I was selling), but you definitely have enough time to get them once you get there. The only ones that you'll need pretty quickly (like the first day of class) is Anatomy. Anatomy doesn't start the first day you're there, but you might not have enough time to have the books shipped to you before the class does start, if that makes sense.