Mississippi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A big thanks to Alonepear for all the information passed along over the past month related to Miss State. I found the school very appealing with a spectacular main campus, a remarkable hospital/CVM complex and, of course, great southern hospitality. I can see why those in school there think of it as a special place.

Members don't see this ad.

i agree! Alonepear you have been amazing, thank you for everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Count me in as a "thanker"!:D

I have told myself that I am NOT going to check SDN until I hear back from MSU. I am afraid that other people will start getting phone calls and I will lose my mind!!

Good luck to everyone :)

I was told today by another SDNer that interviewed yesterday that the dean will get the reccomendations Monday. That means we could hear as early as Monday.

I hope it is Monday, because I am off that night, and wheter it be a yes or a no, some drinking is going to be involved.

and I also thank Alonepear

omg monday?!?! i have my U of IL interview on monday but i guarantee i wont be thinking about anything else but MSU! good luck to everyone!!!

I am keeping my fingers & toes crossed all next week LOL :xf:

I'm going to pray with as many appendages crossed that I can! LOL:D I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it!:scared:

its a phone call/e-mail/ snail mail for acceptance and e-mail/snail for rejection/waitlist right?

If you are in they will try to contact you by phone first and then email/snail mail
However if you are wait-listed or out they will not call you just contact you by email

Good luck to everybody! Hopefully tomorrow will be the day!! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
yea good luck everyone! hopefully we will all get that call from missy:luck:

Heard from a little birdie that the phone calls have begun.

Good luck to everyone!!
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

ahhhh omg how long do you think it takes to make all the calls? if we dont get a call today is that it?

I told myself I wasn't going to check SDN before I heard from MSU...that didn't work out so well LOL

My mentor said that they usually post a list with the names of those that got accepted. Do you think that they have done that?

I'm with equus....how long do you think it will take to make all the phone calls? :eek:

i heard about the list too but where is this list posted? at the vet school?
its getting dangerously close to 5 pm....im getting nervous

Where is Alonepear when we need her!!?? :D

ahhh i know! and i have to leave for class in like 5 minutes...im seriously thinking about skipping - its a lab though.....damn!

I got the CALL!!!!!! Im going to VET SCHOOL :love:

Gratz! I got mine around 1pm, been on cloud nine ever since. I live in Starkville and go to school at state, so if you or anyone else has any questions hit me up or PM me. Alonepare is the one to ask about the vet school, but I've been down here for the last 3.5 years, so if you have any questions about starkville or anything, let me know. Can't wait to meet my fellow class mates.

Good luck to everyone - I'm sure Missy's been busy and has a lot of calls, so just hang in there!

I will see you guys there in the fall. I got in!!!!!!!! I got in!!!!!!

congrats!!! i havent gotten the rejection e-mail so im still hopeful...no call tho :(

ok im being super annoying, but does anyone know if all the rejection e-mails went out earlier?

ok im being super annoying, but does anyone know if all the rejection e-mails went out earlier?

They haven't. Also, there will be no list posted until all phone calls are made.

Im feeling your pain Equus, I had no idea what I was going to do if I heard calls were started, and I had to wait another day. If you want, (and you haven't heard anything) you can PM me your name tomorrow, and ill be happy to check if there is a list up around lunch.

but the lists will not be posted until after all calls are made, so probably no point in that unless you think you missed a call. Call showed up for me as "Unknown" BTW

Hey guys all of you who got accepted first of all CONGRATS! Second are you all instate?
Just curious...

Oh well...got the rejection email. Does anybody know if they put you on an alternate list they tell you that? Or is it a rejection for everybody and then they let you know if there is a spot? sigh......:(

3dogsand2cats,

Don't give up...MSU has exhausted their waitlist for the past two years. You still have a good chance.

OOS Waitlisted :( Congrats to everyone who got in!

Last edited:
OOS waitlisted...and the agony continues. Congrats to all who were accepted!

OMG! My heart sunk yesterday when I saw that people were getting calls. I got mine today and am on cloud nine!!:soexcited:

Congrats to everybody!

Yeah, I feel ya! Everytime my phone rung (not sure if that's a word! LOL!) yesterday my heart would skip a beat!:laugh:

I teach, and I was on the bus this morning around 10:00 a.m., we were going to the circus for collecting the most canned goods for Christmas. I didn't answer, because I wouldn't be able to hear and the call said "Unavailable". I checked my messages and it was Missy. The kids thought I was crazy when I started repeating "thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus!"

Don't give up hope and good luck!:xf:

Yay! Congrats to everyone who received a phone call. =)

To everyone else, NoImagination is right in that they've gone through the entire out-of-state waitlist the past few years. Although just keep in mind, they did interview a bit more people this year, but I have a good feeling you guys will still get a call sometime shortly after mid-April =)

Sorry for my disappearing act... too many exams to list, and my first spay today :eek: The fun never ends!

Let me know if you have any questions if you do indeed decide to join us here!

(And thanks for all the thanks you guys, you're sweet =) I just enjoy answering everyone's questions because when I was applying, I had *no one* to answer mine, and I remember how lost I was!)

And they haven't posted the acceptance list that I've seen... I'll check tomorrow. They make sure to make all the calls first!

Alonepear...

Thanks for everything!! I was wondering if there were any forums or message boards for MSU-CVM housing??? Maybe seniors that are looking to move??

Alonepear...

Thanks for everything!! I was wondering if there were any forums or message boards for MSU-CVM housing??? Maybe seniors that are looking to move??

I don't know of any forums, but I can tell you that Starkville is an affordable housing mecca. I don't know what your looking for, but cheap apartments within a 10 min bike ride of the vet school is pretty easy to get.

I pay 275 a month for a 1 BR (which is a bit cheap even for Starkville), and I've been in my apartment for 4 years. Its not much, but it suits my needs perfectly - never had a problem. 10 min bike, 5 min car from the school.

If your looking for a house or something, that I can't help you with.

Yep it's true, one great thing about living in this small southern town is the super-cheap cost of living. My mortgage payments here are less than my monthly rent back in Raleigh, NC!

Once you've officially signed on to be a student here, you'll start receiving emails (likely from Missy) with a Word document attached that contains any and all housing options by people associated with the CVM. Usually there are houses and trailers for sale and rent, people looking for roomies, apartments, leases to take over, etc. They usually update this list every week or so and send it to you guys.

Also, once you get here and have our First Class email server set up on your laptop, you'll have access to different message boards shared by the school, including a Classifieds board where people post amongst other things, housing options. Usually you'll already be living here by the time you have access to that stuff, but they're really good about putting all the Classifieds posts onto that housing list that they email to you.

There's always students looking for roommates here =)

Optimistic - I am sorry that they made you wait so long.

MSU has a unique way of accepting/waitlisting/rejecting people. It doesn't seem to be in any type of order. I was trying to guess if I was at the bottom or top of the waitlist. However, there is no way to really guess is there? LOL

For those of you that have been accepted when do you plan on starting your rabies vaccinations? I read that MSU requires proof of vaccination on the first day of class, freshman year. I hope my insurance covers them, they are pretty expensive.