Missouri

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey to you current Columbia residents :)

Is there a grocery store, WalMart, etc near the Lake of the Woods exit? Also, it looks pretty rural.... should I take this as an indication that it is also safe?

I looked at a nice place there, but my concern is there is not a good trail or anything for walking my dog or for me to go running on.

Decisions, decisions....

The closest Walmart (and soon to be Hyvee) is off Broadway, just west of I-63 and just south of I-70.

As far as safety, I have two friends (both female, they live on Trikalla) that said they feel very safe there.

As far as trails...there are tons around Columbia. Katy Trail, MLK, and lots of park trails (Grindstone, Stephens Lake) & dog parks (Twin Lakes & others) so you may have to drive a little, but you can always find one fairly close for you and your dog.

Members don't see this ad.

stealyourwords, i messaged you a little while back but im not sure if your got it- message me if your still apartment hunting, any info you've dugup would be great!

Hi Cowgirl in Mo- I've been a "lurker" on here for quite some time so hopefully I am posting this in the proper place! I will be starting at Mizzou in August and I was wondering how you were able to log into MyZou? How were you able to get the "pawprint" or did you register for it somewhere??? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Cowgirl in Mo- I've been a "lurker" on here for quite some time so hopefully I am posting this in the proper place! I will be starting at Mizzou in August and I was wondering how you were able to log into MyZou? How were you able to get the "pawprint" or did you register for it somewhere??? Thanks in advance!

Hi, feraline. I'm a current student in UM system so I knew that my pawprint was going to be the same username and password that I already use... your username is going to be part of your email address before the "@" and default pwords are usually YYDDSSSs, where YY is the last 2 digits of the year of your birth, DD is the day of your birth, and SSSS is the last 4 digits of your social... let me know if that does or doesn't work for ya!

For those of you in the class of 2013, I thought I would let you know that someone started a facebook group for you class. Last year our class had one and many people found roommates, met classmates and got their questions answered on there as well as SDN....Congrats on getting accepted!
Here's a link to the group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=78723012012&ref=mf

Just got my Mizzou email address and Pawprint today. Whee! Check your mail, everybody!

Yay! Now if we could just get financial aid info.... Anyone have ideas about when that will be available?

The financial aid info will not be available yet until mid-June. Once the information is available and how much you receive, then you must go to the school about signing out a loan. What stinks is that you must take a quiz about taking out a federal Stafford loan/Plus loan and all that good jazz. I took the three quizzes online at the FAFSA site and apprently I still must take the same quiz again at Mizzou (BOOOO!!) :mad:. Then I can sign the MPN and take out what I need for loans for the year.