• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i think there should be a thread with all thw mistakes in all the review books.
i just did a practice test in the chem in the barrons book and its full of mistakes.

which ion is isoelextronic with Ba+2?
I wrote I. but they had equally good choice Cs. they marked it as xe whic is silly.

mistake in q 58 in model exam 1 chem.
how many C atoms in 4*10^-8 of C3H8?
I wrote 1.64*10^15. they marked it as something else.

q 62 is wrong

q 66 wrong

how is orientation of the bond bet the two sp2 carbons in ethene best described in relation to the orientation of pi bond.

I think answe is perpendicular, no?

Sublimation

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i think there should be a thread with all thw mistakes in all the review books.
i just did a practice test in the chem in the barrons book and its full of mistakes.

which ion is isoelextronic with Ba+2?
I wrote I. but they had equally good choice Cs. they marked it as xe whic is silly.

mistake in q 58 in model exam 1 chem.
how many C atoms in 4*10^-8 of C3H8?
I wrote 1.64*10^15. they marked it as something else.

q 62 is wrong

q 66 wrong

how is orientation of the bond bet the two sp2 carbons in ethene best described in relation to the orientation of pi bond.

I think answe is perpendicular, no?
I have the barrons book but i didnt bother goin through it yet. However, the last question is a bit ambiguous. The Sigma bond is parallel relative to the pi bond. Its a pretty weird question if you ask me.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Barron's is good for PAT strategies only. Otherwise it is not as useful.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
what about the Ba problem

About the Ads