Mizzou c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaineyLou

Reaction score
Hey all! I didn't see a thread for Mizzou yet! I'm a second time applicant, first time Mizzou OOS. Who else is pumped about applying here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I am also a second time applicant, but first time Mizzou OOS applicant!! I met a few Mizzou vet students last year and they seemed so smart & experienced as 3rd years. Makes me excited to apply even if the odds are tough!

Reactions: 2 users
I am a IS first time applicant! I'm so excited and nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all the Mizzou appicants this year! I can't believe I'm 3 years out! Let me know if anyone has questions, I'll try my best to answer them. I was an OOS applicant originally.

Reactions: 2 users
First time OOS applicant! Super excited for this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Second time IS applicant! Was waitlisted last cycle #8 and made it to #4 (so close!!)

Good luck to all the Mizzou appicants this year! I can't believe I'm 3 years out! Let me know if anyone has questions, I'll try my best to answer them. I was an OOS applicant originally.

I’m OOS and I’m super nervous I won’t get in however I hear a lot of the class is OOS. Is that true?

I’m OOS and I’m super nervous I won’t get in however I hear a lot of the class is OOS. Is that true?

I’d be interested to hear this answer too! I thought their classes consist of 50% IS applicants and 50% OOS applicants which is better odds than other schools for OOS applicants.. although I was under the impression Mizzou has pretty high standards, especially for OOS students Mizzou is definitely going to be a reach school for me, but I’m just gonna try anyways!

The class is 50% in state and 50% out of state unless something has changed in recent years (so 60 in state and 60 out of state). Of course it is more competative for OOS applicants.

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to you all for this cycle. I am a first year OOS student at mizzou. Feel free to pm or ask any questions you might have about the school, area, etc

Hi everyone!

I'm a Missouri resident and applying to Mizzou only! I was waitlisted last year #5 and made it all the way to #1 in May, but didn't get pulled. I'm hoping this is my year!

Hey all! I didn't see a thread for Mizzou yet! I'm a second time applicant, first time Mizzou OOS. Who else is pumped about applying here?

Hi! First-time applicant, out of state as well! :))

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I’m a first time OOS applicant! Thinking Mizzou is a bit of a reach, but why not! Good luck to all of you.

OOS 2nd time applicant. First time applying Mizzou!

Does anyone know if they're still doing interviews this cycle with COVID??

They have it on their website still as OOS in January 2021 and resident in Feb-March 2021

Hello! Other than the supplemental fee we paid. Is there another supplemental application I should be receiving?

Hello! Other than the supplemental fee we paid. Is there another supplemental application I should be receiving?

I don't think so! I just did the extra questions in the VMCAS application and paid the fee. I haven't gotten anything from the school so far.

Nope, the supplemental is on the VMCAS app that you filled out. That’s all they have!

Does anyone know if they're still doing interviews this cycle with COVID??
I reached out and asked them a few questions and they said that they are still debating on a virtual interview or getting rid of it all together

Third time applying, OOS. First time applicant to Missouri! I am currently in their MPH program online focusing in veterinary public health, so far I have loved the program that's why I applied :)

Just got this email:

We are in receipt of your application submitted through the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) and it is undergoing a preliminary review by the Admissions Committee.

All interviews will be by zoom this admissions season, non-resident applicants offered an interview will receive an invite by email prior to the end of November. In-state applicants, review of your applications will begin the first of December, we will let you know if anything further is needed. The Committee does not need and will not receive additional documents in their review of your application, unless requested.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got this email:

We are in receipt of your application submitted through the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) and it is undergoing a preliminary review by the Admissions Committee.

All interviews will be by zoom this admissions season, non-resident applicants offered an interview will receive an invite by email prior to the end of November. In-state applicants, review of your applications will begin the first of December, we will let you know if anything further is needed. The Committee does not need and will not receive additional documents in their review of your application, unless requested.
Got the same email!

Mizzou alum here! Good luck applying this year and if anyone has any questions about Mizzou please don't hesitate to PM me!

Since the end of November is fast approaching, good luck everyone! Based on my complete stalking of threads instead of studying for my finals next week, I think we will hear between November 19-22!

Reactions: 6 users
Email with interview invitation received just now!! Check your emails!!

Interview scheduled!!! Anyone else concerned that it’s only gonna be a 15 minute interview!?

Did anyone get an interview closer to 6? I'm just trying to see if they are still sending them out today.

Interview scheduled!!! Anyone else concerned that it’s only gonna be a 15 minute interview!?

I'm not really concerned. I think they just want to put a face to the application and maybe talk about something they wanted more info about :unsure: