Mizzou c/o 2025

Started by LaineyLou
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear, I know the feeling. No usually they just say you were not selected. Did they send stats in your rejection?

This is the email I got
 

Attachments

  • 0AA8BFEF-A12A-40AE-9239-3B0D36D0BC2C.jpeg
    0AA8BFEF-A12A-40AE-9239-3B0D36D0BC2C.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 418
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got my OOS rejection 🙁 but I hope interviews go well for everyone invited! For other people rejected, I hope our other options work out 🤞
 
Huh... that’s abnormal I feel like.

I think is abnormal compared to other schools but they sent basically an identical email last cycle to those who were rejected. I think they do this in place of file reviews so you still receive some feedback from the college. Last cycle they said they had just over 1000 OOS, crazy it jumped to 1500.
 
Just joined this thread, but I’m an IS 2nd time applicant (first time to mizzou). I know they’re reviewing applications right now, but does anyone know a timeline of when interview invites come out for IS? And when decisions are made?
With all due respect, interview invite timelines are typically found on the school websites. Procedure for Evaluation of Applicants & Selection Process
Decisions are made usually within a few weeks after the interview, or you can check past class threads and do the math of the dates that people posted about interview invite and acceptances.
 
late to the game but IS 2nd time applicant! would love to hear how OOS interviews go with being on zoom
 
Just joined this thread, but I’m an IS 2nd time applicant (first time to mizzou). I know they’re reviewing applications right now, but does anyone know a timeline of when interview invites come out for IS? And when decisions are made?

We should be hearing about interviews in January, potentially beginning of February.

Decisions are usually sent out mid March.
 
Does anyone know if the interviewers will have read our vmcas application or if it is a blind interview?
From the few current students I’ve talked to it’s been open file in the past and nearly all questions were directly related to their individual applications
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did the interview process go on zoom?
Mine went without any issues. When you click on the emailed link, you just sit in a waiting room until they're ready. They tell you in the chat when they're going to take you out of the waiting room and start the interview. Like others have said, it's very short, just to get to know more about your application and about you!
 
For those that interviewed already, about how long was it? I've heard from students who did it last year that it was really short so I'm just curious if that changed for this cycle?! Thanks!
 
For those that interviewed already, about how long was it? I've heard from students who did it last year that it was really short so I'm just curious if that changed for this cycle?! Thanks!
Mine was about 15-20 minutes it ran a little long. Be prepared for them to be running late mine was about 15 minutes later than the scheduled time
 
Mine went without any issues. When you click on the emailed link, you just sit in a waiting room until they're ready. They tell you in the chat when they're going to take you out of the waiting room and start the interview. Like others have said, it's very short, just to get to know more about your application and about you!
did they happen to say who would be interviewing you beforehand? or any other discussion before?
 
did they happen to say who would be interviewing you beforehand? or any other discussion before?
No they didn't communicate any information about the interviewers until during the call, then they did introductions. Personally, I was interviewed by four different people, three were faculty and one was a vet in the community.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They did say that one of the people in the room is an administrator and doesn't vote. Just observes. Some of the faculty that were in the zoom session were doing interviews.
 
They did say that one of the people in the room is an administrator and doesn't vote. Just observes. Some of the faculty that were in the zoom session were doing interviews.
Wait so after the interview they vote like yes or no? I noticed that one of my people had their camera and mic off for most of the interview so I figured they were scoring me
 
For people who haven't interviewed yet don't stress out too much! it was super friendly and they just wanted to get to know you!

How did they reach out to inform you about an interview? Did they allow you to select a time or do they give you a specific date and time?
 
No they didn't communicate any information about the interviewers until during the call, then they did introductions. Personally, I was interviewed by four different people, three were faculty and one was a vet in the community.
Did you go into 4 different rooms, each with one person? Or was it kind of like a group interview with everyone there at once :O
 
Did you go into 4 different rooms, each with one person? Or was it kind of like a group interview with everyone there at once :O
You interview with everyone all at once, they take turns asking questions. I was definitely intimidated when I opened it and saw all of them but it really isn't a high stress interview at all!
 
Anyone have tips for the interview?? Mine is tomorrow!! So excited yet nervous lol
everyone has been saying it's pretty chill and they really focus on your specific application. My interview is today at 12pm, so I'll let you know how it goes!! Unless yours is before mine haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in an IS student and I haven’t heard from Mizzou about interview yet. Has anyone heard anything?
IS applicants generally start receiving interview invites in late January or early February, if I remember right (I think I finally got mine on February 5 the year I applied). You’ve probably got another week or two until you hear anything. Hang in there!