Mizzou c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an email with my official OOS rejection. Congrats to everyone who got interviews!
I also got an OOS rejection.. a little bummed but I’m moving forward with the process for my IS so that’s good!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got mine as well. First time applicant and first rejection, is it normal for the rejection letters to contain statistics about all the candidates that they did offer to?

I just got mine as well. First time applicant and first rejection, is it normal for the rejection letters to contain statistics about all the candidates that they did offer to?

Sorry to hear, I know the feeling. No usually they just say you were not selected. Did they send stats in your rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear, I know the feeling. No usually they just say you were not selected. Did they send stats in your rejection?

This is the email I got

Attachments

• 0AA8BFEF-A12A-40AE-9239-3B0D36D0BC2C.jpeg
    0AA8BFEF-A12A-40AE-9239-3B0D36D0BC2C.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 270
Reactions: 1 user
Just received an email with my official OOS rejection. Congrats to everyone who got interviews!
I also just received my OOS rejection. Still have hope though that another school will be a better fit for us! I interviewed yesterday at Midwestern, and the atmosphere and people were extremely welcoming.

Also got my OOS rejection :( but I hope interviews go well for everyone invited! For other people rejected, I hope our other options work out 🤞

Huh... that’s abnormal I feel like.

I think is abnormal compared to other schools but they sent basically an identical email last cycle to those who were rejected. I think they do this in place of file reviews so you still receive some feedback from the college. Last cycle they said they had just over 1000 OOS, crazy it jumped to 1500.

Reactions: 2 users
Just joined this thread, but I’m an IS 2nd time applicant (first time to mizzou). I know they’re reviewing applications right now, but does anyone know a timeline of when interview invites come out for IS? And when decisions are made?
With all due respect, interview invite timelines are typically found on the school websites. Procedure for Evaluation of Applicants & Selection Process
Decisions are made usually within a few weeks after the interview, or you can check past class threads and do the math of the dates that people posted about interview invite and acceptances.

late to the game but IS 2nd time applicant! would love to hear how OOS interviews go with being on zoom

Just joined this thread, but I’m an IS 2nd time applicant (first time to mizzou). I know they’re reviewing applications right now, but does anyone know a timeline of when interview invites come out for IS? And when decisions are made?

We should be hearing about interviews in January, potentially beginning of February.

Decisions are usually sent out mid March.

I have my OOS interview January 3rd (ahh, so soon!). When should I expect to hear results?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the interviewers will have read our vmcas application or if it is a blind interview?

Does anyone know if the interviewers will have read our vmcas application or if it is a blind interview?
From the few current students I’ve talked to it’s been open file in the past and nearly all questions were directly related to their individual applications

Yes, they can see your VMCAS application. Almost every question they asked me last year was about my application.

Good luck to everyone else interviewing today!!!

Reactions: 5 users
For people who haven't interviewed yet don't stress out too much! it was super friendly and they just wanted to get to know you!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone attend the info meeting today and find out when we can expect to hear back?

Did anyone attend the info meeting today and find out when we can expect to hear back?
Didn’t mention it in the few hours I was on it but the interview dates were almost identical to last year and they sent out everything January 30th so probably around then!

I can't remember what part of the month Doug said, but February for sure. They interviewed more people than usual this year

Update: I just attended the info session today, and Kathy just said admission decisions should come out before Feb 1st unless I heard wrong!

I just interviewed and I think it went fine but did anyone else get like zero feedback?

Last edited:
I just interviewed and I think it went fine but did anyone else get like zero feedback?
I interviewed today too- they didn't give any feedback during mine either!! Just lots of questions about my application.

How did the interview process go on zoom?
Mine went without any issues. When you click on the emailed link, you just sit in a waiting room until they're ready. They tell you in the chat when they're going to take you out of the waiting room and start the interview. Like others have said, it's very short, just to get to know more about your application and about you!

Reactions: 2 users
For those that interviewed already, about how long was it? I've heard from students who did it last year that it was really short so I'm just curious if that changed for this cycle?! Thanks!

For those that interviewed already, about how long was it? I've heard from students who did it last year that it was really short so I'm just curious if that changed for this cycle?! Thanks!
Interviews were scheduled to be around 15 minutes! Mine was about 15 to 16ish minutes

Mine was about 15-20 minutes it ran a little long. Be prepared for them to be running late mine was about 15 minutes later than the scheduled time

Mine went without any issues. When you click on the emailed link, you just sit in a waiting room until they're ready. They tell you in the chat when they're going to take you out of the waiting room and start the interview. Like others have said, it's very short, just to get to know more about your application and about you!
did they happen to say who would be interviewing you beforehand? or any other discussion before?

did they happen to say who would be interviewing you beforehand? or any other discussion before?
No they didn't communicate any information about the interviewers until during the call, then they did introductions. Personally, I was interviewed by four different people, three were faculty and one was a vet in the community.

They did say that one of the people in the room is an administrator and doesn't vote. Just observes. Some of the faculty that were in the zoom session were doing interviews.

They did say that one of the people in the room is an administrator and doesn't vote. Just observes. Some of the faculty that were in the zoom session were doing interviews.
Wait so after the interview they vote like yes or no? I noticed that one of my people had their camera and mic off for most of the interview so I figured they were scoring me

For people who haven't interviewed yet don't stress out too much! it was super friendly and they just wanted to get to know you!

How did they reach out to inform you about an interview? Did they allow you to select a time or do they give you a specific date and time?

How did they reach out to inform you about an interview? Did they allow you to select a time or do they give you a specific date and time?
When they sent out interview invites it had a link to sign up for a day and time slot!

No they didn't communicate any information about the interviewers until during the call, then they did introductions. Personally, I was interviewed by four different people, three were faculty and one was a vet in the community.
Did you go into 4 different rooms, each with one person? Or was it kind of like a group interview with everyone there at once :O

Did you go into 4 different rooms, each with one person? Or was it kind of like a group interview with everyone there at once :O
You interview with everyone all at once, they take turns asking questions. I was definitely intimidated when I opened it and saw all of them but it really isn't a high stress interview at all!

Is there a link sent out the morning of interviews or am I just overlooking the link in the emails I already have?

Is there a link sent out the morning of interviews or am I just overlooking the link in the emails I already have?
You should've gotten the link and password for your interview in an email, I got mine a week or two before my interview.

Anyone have tips for the interview?? Mine is tomorrow!! So excited yet nervous lol

Anyone have tips for the interview?? Mine is tomorrow!! So excited yet nervous lol
everyone has been saying it's pretty chill and they really focus on your specific application. My interview is today at 12pm, so I'll let you know how it goes!! Unless yours is before mine haha

Be yourself! I would look over your application and essay questions, in case that ask you something from that. It is a very chill interview!

everyone has been saying it's pretty chill and they really focus on your specific application. My interview is today at 12pm, so I'll let you know how it goes!! Unless yours is before mine haha
Good luck! Mine is after yours!

Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back from Mizzou following our interviews? I'm super nervous !!