Mizzou c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
good luck everyone! currently, a first year OOS at Mizzou. Their interview format for me, and previous years, was 15 minutes. They really just want to see your personality (questions pertained to your experiences); it's not intimidating at all and was actually my least stressed interview. Be yourself yet professional. Feel free to ask me anything :)

Reactions: 3 users
I received an invite as well! Congrats to all! Does anyone know the average number of applicants they interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Last cycle they didn’t send out rejections until almost 2 weeks after interview invites went out.

So will they continue to release out interview invites until then? Or do they do them all in one day usually?
Last cycle it was all in one go unfortunately. But, that doesn’t mean they won’t change things up!

Don't fret the 15 minute interview, it was quick, easy and to the point! Just asking questions about your experiences or a 'what would you do in this situation' questions. Wish I could remember more, it was in 2013 when I interviewed. Congratulations to all who got invites!! I was an OOS student if anyone has questions, feel free to message.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview scheduled!!! Anyone else concerned that it’s only gonna be a 15 minute interview!?

I interviewed with Mizzou last application cycle, and I thought it was a pretty chill interview! They just want to get a glimpse of your character to see if you are a good fit for the program.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite! I haven't gotten one yet, just hoping that maybe they will send a second round of invites before the end of the month! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
good luck everyone! currently, a first year OOS at Mizzou. Their interview format for me, and previous years, was 15 minutes. They really just want to see your personality (questions pertained to your experiences); it's not intimidating at all and was actually my least stressed interview. Be yourself yet professional. Feel free to ask me anything :)

Would you say if you got an interview, there's a high chance of being accepted?

those of you getting emails for interviews: are you OOS or IS applicants??

i hope they are sending them out in waves, i'm an OOS applicant ): keeping my fingers crossed.

How do you know this?
I emailed them
Screenshot_20201113-000525_Gmail.jpg

Would you say if you got an interview, there's a high chance of being accepted?
I think the odds are in your favor if you get an interview. I kinda did the math last year and they invite the top 20% for interviews, and probably accept about 50% of those people and waitlist a certain percent as well (don't quote me on this though).

Reactions: 2 users
I think the odds are in your favor if you get an interview. I kinda did the math last year and they invite the top 20% for interviews, and probably accept about 50% of those people and waitlist a certain percent as well (don't quote me on this though).

That gives me a tad more faith that I could get accepted. I’m still nervous as heck though! Does anyone have experience interviewing and not getting in? Will they give feedback?

This is my second year applying
Hi!! I know it is so easy to lose hope but try to stay positive! I got a rejection from LSU about a week ago and went into full panic (as this is my 2nd year as well) but then this week got got an invite from Mizzou. It’s such a crapshoot on who they choose. I’m sure another school would love to have you! Hang in there

This is my second year applying
I second what everyone else is saying, this is also my second application cycle, as well as my second time applying to Mizzou. I as well did not receive an interview yesterday, but just the day before I got an invite to interview at Mississippi State! Keep your head up! Don’t lose hope!

So for those of us that didn't receive an interview invite, does this mean we will get a rejection or waitlist email soon? Or will we still be waiting for a while to hear back from them?

So for those of us that didn't receive an interview invite, does this mean we will get a rejection or waitlist email soon? Or will we still be waiting for a while to hear back from them?

Last cycle I received a rejection about a week and a half after invites were sent. I don’t believe that they waitlist for interviews.

I second what everyone else is saying, this is also my second application cycle, as well as my second time applying to Mizzou. I as well did not receive an interview yesterday, but just the day before I got an invite to interview at Mississippi State! Keep your head up! Don’t lose hope!
I keep telling myself that all vet schools look for something a little different. It’s keeping me from panicking lol

Last cycle I received a rejection about a week and a half after invites were sent. I don’t believe that they waitlist for interviews.
When does Mizzou make a waitlist for spots in the class for 2025? My hope is to make onto that even if I don't get to interview

When does Mizzou make a waitlist for spots in the class for 2025? My hope is to make onto that even if I don't get to interview

Do schools do that? They’ll waitlist you even though you don’t make the interview cut?

Do schools do that? They’ll waitlist you even though you don’t make the interview cut?
I'm not sure honestly, I think it varies from school to school. I'm just trying to have some sort of hope

Some schools will have an “interview waitlist.” Basically just meaning they have a list to go down if individuals decline their interviews.

Some schools will have an “interview waitlist.” Basically just meaning they have a list to go down if individuals decline their interviews.
Do you know which schools do this?

Do you know which schools do this?
I really only know from my experience last cycle. When I was rejected from KState they said they were placing me on an alternate interview list should spots open up. That’s the only school I remember saying something like that.

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview invite! I hope you all do amazing! :clap:

Reactions: 5 users
I really second what everyone else has been saying about not panicking and that each school looks for something different. I did not get an interview invite from Mizzou, but I just did my MMI for UofA and I'm feeling really good about that :) Hang in there. For everyone who did get interview invites, congrats and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Will someone post the questions they ask if they don't mind post interview?

When’s your interview? The email said the interview will be to clarify parts of your application and make sure you will be a good fit for the school, so hopefully it will be pretty laid back. We don’t post exact questions as this is not fair to those who interview first (and most schools strictly prohibit this).

I’m not gonna post exact questions, but the interview is extremely laid back. They are wanting to see who you are off of paper and clarify any questions they have. Be confident, think about your answers, and be honest! I think a lot of it is them wanting to see how you react to questions and if you are honest.

They send ISS and OSS student interviews out at different times correct?

Just received an email with my official OOS rejection. Congrats to everyone who got interviews!

Just received an email with my official OOS rejection. Congrats to everyone who got interviews!

So sorry to hear this... I just got rejected by my IS but I got an interview here so hopefully things work out for us elsewhere.