Mizzou c/o 2025

Started by LaineyLou
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good luck everyone! currently, a first year OOS at Mizzou. Their interview format for me, and previous years, was 15 minutes. They really just want to see your personality (questions pertained to your experiences); it's not intimidating at all and was actually my least stressed interview. Be yourself yet professional. Feel free to ask me anything 🙂
 
Don't fret the 15 minute interview, it was quick, easy and to the point! Just asking questions about your experiences or a 'what would you do in this situation' questions. Wish I could remember more, it was in 2013 when I interviewed. Congratulations to all who got invites!! I was an OOS student if anyone has questions, feel free to message.
 
Interview scheduled!!! Anyone else concerned that it’s only gonna be a 15 minute interview!?

I interviewed with Mizzou last application cycle, and I thought it was a pretty chill interview! They just want to get a glimpse of your character to see if you are a good fit for the program. [emoji4]
 
good luck everyone! currently, a first year OOS at Mizzou. Their interview format for me, and previous years, was 15 minutes. They really just want to see your personality (questions pertained to your experiences); it's not intimidating at all and was actually my least stressed interview. Be yourself yet professional. Feel free to ask me anything 🙂

Would you say if you got an interview, there's a high chance of being accepted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you know this?
I emailed them
Screenshot_20201113-000525_Gmail.jpg
 
I think the odds are in your favor if you get an interview. I kinda did the math last year and they invite the top 20% for interviews, and probably accept about 50% of those people and waitlist a certain percent as well (don't quote me on this though).

That gives me a tad more faith that I could get accepted. I’m still nervous as heck though! Does anyone have experience interviewing and not getting in? Will they give feedback?
 
This is my second year applying
Hi!! I know it is so easy to lose hope but try to stay positive! I got a rejection from LSU about a week ago and went into full panic (as this is my 2nd year as well) but then this week got got an invite from Mizzou. It’s such a crapshoot on who they choose. I’m sure another school would love to have you! Hang in there
 
This is my second year applying
I second what everyone else is saying, this is also my second application cycle, as well as my second time applying to Mizzou. I as well did not receive an interview yesterday, but just the day before I got an invite to interview at Mississippi State! Keep your head up! Don’t lose hope!
 
So for those of us that didn't receive an interview invite, does this mean we will get a rejection or waitlist email soon? Or will we still be waiting for a while to hear back from them?

Last cycle I received a rejection about a week and a half after invites were sent. I don’t believe that they waitlist for interviews.
 
I second what everyone else is saying, this is also my second application cycle, as well as my second time applying to Mizzou. I as well did not receive an interview yesterday, but just the day before I got an invite to interview at Mississippi State! Keep your head up! Don’t lose hope!
I keep telling myself that all vet schools look for something a little different. It’s keeping me from panicking lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really second what everyone else has been saying about not panicking and that each school looks for something different. I did not get an interview invite from Mizzou, but I just did my MMI for UofA and I'm feeling really good about that 🙂 Hang in there. For everyone who did get interview invites, congrats and good luck!
 
Will someone post the questions they ask if they don't mind post interview?
When’s your interview? The email said the interview will be to clarify parts of your application and make sure you will be a good fit for the school, so hopefully it will be pretty laid back. We don’t post exact questions as this is not fair to those who interview first (and most schools strictly prohibit this).
 
Will someone post the questions they ask if they don't mind post interview?

I’m not gonna post exact questions, but the interview is extremely laid back. They are wanting to see who you are off of paper and clarify any questions they have. Be confident, think about your answers, and be honest! I think a lot of it is them wanting to see how you react to questions and if you are honest.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got mine as well. First time applicant and first rejection, is it normal for the rejection letters to contain statistics about all the candidates that they did offer to?
 
I just got mine as well. First time applicant and first rejection, is it normal for the rejection letters to contain statistics about all the candidates that they did offer to?

Sorry to hear, I know the feeling. No usually they just say you were not selected. Did they send stats in your rejection?