Mnemonic 4 Coumadin or Synthroid Colors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmD2008FL

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any one has a mnemonic for the colors of mnemonic Coumadin or Synthroid tablets? 🙂
 
I could not find one, this is the best I can do for warfarin (it kind of sucks-maybe there's a reason none exists):
My last warfarin testament (like "my last will and testament"-get it?):
To my five green friends: one pink two-legged lavoratory
three tan four-legged bureaus
five peach curtains and
six tea sets
To my seven fine friends I leave my yellow teeth (I'm keeping the white).

Translation of mnemonic:
2.5 mgs is green: 1 mg is pink, two mg is lavender
3 mg is tan, 4 mg is blue
5 mg is peach
6 mg is teal
7.5 mgs is yellow (10 mg is white)

I was trying to come up with something that involved alcoholic drinks, but I don't go to bars as much as antique furniture stores. Have to go study some more........
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually had a question about which warfarin was yellow on my Naplex 2 weeks ago, and I was really glad a preceptor I had on rotation taught me this:

Please Let Greg Brown Bring Peaches To Your Wedding

Please = Pink = 1
Let= Lavender = 2
Greg = Green = 2.5
Brown = Brown = 3
Bring = Blue = 4
Peaches = Peach = 5
To = Teal = 6
Your = Yellow 7.5
Wedding = White = 10
 
I actually had a question about which warfarin was yellow on my Naplex 2 weeks ago, and I was really glad a preceptor I had on rotation taught me this:

Please Let Greg Brown Bring Peaches To Your Wedding

Please = Pink = 1
Let= Lavender = 2
Greg = Green = 2.5
Brown = Brown = 3
Bring = Blue = 4
Peaches = Peach = 5
To = Teal = 6
Your = Yellow 7.5
Wedding = White = 10

That is so much easier, thank you!!! Did you learn any for Synthoid?
 
I actually had a question about which warfarin was yellow on my Naplex 2 weeks ago, and I was really glad a preceptor I had on rotation taught me this:

Please Let Greg Brown Bring Peaches To Your Wedding

Please = Pink = 1
Let= Lavender = 2
Greg = Green = 2.5
Brown = Brown = 3
Bring = Blue = 4
Peaches = Peach = 5
To = Teal = 6
Your = Yellow 7.5
Wedding = White = 10

You're kidding! Your preceptor taught you that?? 😱

How bizarre...I came up with that a few years ago and included it in a study guide I typed up that went around my class. I can't believe it's actually spread around that much!!! HA! 😳
 
That is so much easier, thank you!!! Did you learn any for Synthoid?

Here's the warfarin clip from my PCM study guide...but I didn't make up a mnemonic for levothyroxine (didn't really see a need to know the corresponding colors).

warfarinnv0.png
 
Great mnemonic!


I have another one here but it's not nearly as good.. that 3 mg warfarin when I looked it up it says its color is "Tan" but it looks the same as brown I guess. here it goes: Pink Lions Go To B.P. Teal Yellow White
1- Pink
2- Lions
2.5- go
3- to
4- B
5- P
6- teal
7.5- yellow
10- White


And Synthroid.. this one isn't great either but it will do for now till we get a good one on here!

Oranges With Violent Olives Urinate Ridiulously Because They're Blue in Playing Games

25-Oranges (Orange)
50-With (White)
75-Violent (Violet)
88-Olives (Olive)

100-Urinate (Yellow)
112-Ridiculously (Rose)
125-because (brown)
137-They're (Turquise)

150-Blue (Blue)
175-in (Liliac)
200-Playing (pink)
300-Games (green)