PhD/PsyD Mobility and credential banking: ASPPB or National Register?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phdpsyd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I reviewed the previous thread on this topic, and it looks like several other people have the same question I do, but there has not been a robust discussion that taps the wisdom of the masses (if there are even enough of us psychology folk to be considered "masses...").

I'd appreciate any input on whether ASPBB or National Register is better of credential banking and mobility, and I'll share my findings as I come across them.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I chose to bank with ASPBB because they offer it free to current grad students, interns, and postdocs.

KillerDiller, I've heard about that, and I've also heard that the fee is then $180 a year afterwards. :(

I'm checking into the states that I'm considering moving to and seeing whether they honor ASPPB's CPQ, or the National Register mobility program.

Members don't see this ad :)
KillerDiller, I've heard about that, and I've also heard that the fee is then $180 a year afterwards. :(

I'm checking into the states that I'm considering moving to and seeing whether they honor ASPPB's CPQ, or the National Register mobility program.

If that's the case, they didn't disclose that anywhere in the application. I'm certainly not banking on paying $180 for the service next year (pun intended). You do have to pay a recurring fee for the CPQ credential and other certifications they offer, but you don't have to apply for those just because you bank your credentials.

I think this is true, anyway. If someone knows different, please let me know.

KillerDriller, I was thinking of the national register, sorry! I don't know about recurring fees with ASBPP, but I will post anything I find here.