Moca

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by BIS40, Nov 16, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. BIS40

BIS40 7+ Year Member

Jul 19, 2007
    antone have any suggestions of study material for Moca exam?
    Thoughts on Jensen Moca or any other books/courses?
    Thank you- deciding how to tackle this beast ( a Jensinism)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. IlDestriero

IlDestriero Ether Man 7+ Year Member

The pass machine has a lecture series you can watch online. I used it for the peds board exam. That and some ASA questions and you should be fine. You would probably be fine with zero prep, but my peds only practice creates a fear of deficits.

4. urge

urge 10+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I wouldn't spend money on a prep course. Most people don't need to study. If you must, I recommend reading the Barash handbook.

5. gasdoc1

gasdoc1 7+ Year Member

May 15, 2006
    The ACE questions are the same format as the MOCA exam, and there were even some of the same questions. I used 3 years worth of ACE questions and another question book with 1000 questions, by Hall and Chantigian. The Hall book had 5 answers instead of 4, and the questions were harder than the actual exam. If you can do those questions, you should have no trouble passing.

6. Hawaiian Bruin

Hawaiian Bruin Breaking Good 10+ Year Member

Mar 13, 2003
    Abstain. MOCA is a money-making scheme for the ABA, without any evidence of benefit to physicians or patients.

Visit changeboardrecert.com and become part of the solution.

norwood and Hockeyguy like this.
  7. IlDestriero

IlDestriero Ether Man 7+ Year Member

If your job requires you to be board certified and your certification expires, I'd recommend not abstaining.

8. Jcm800

Jcm800 7+ Year Member

Jul 13, 2008
    where does one get ACE questions. I am 9 years out, and do pain full time, but think i a oughta re-cert in the event i ever go back to anesthesia or at least a combo...

thanks

9. psychbender

psychbender Cynical Member 10+ Year Member

You can buy them from the ASA. If you're a member, log in to asahq.org, go to the education center, and select ACE under the Programs dropdown