MODS Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodstuff33

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was commissioned back in April and am still waiting to get verified on the MODS website. I was wondering how long this normally takes because I was told when I called that tuition etc do not get paid until I am verified. I am wondering now if I should start taking out loans in order to have the tuition paid by August 4 as the school requires. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I was commissioned back in April and am still waiting to get verified on the MODS website. I was wondering how long this normally takes because I was told when I called that tuition etc do not get paid until I am verified. I am wondering now if I should start taking out loans in order to have the tuition paid by August 4 as the school requires. Thoughts?

Is the school holding the tuition over your head? Have you been informed that if your tuition is not paid by August 4 that you will not be able to begin school? This should not be the case.

DO NOT take out your own loans to pay tuition - you would not be reimbursed for this. Work with the office of financial affairs / business office at your school to find out who their point of contact is for handling military scholarships. Chances are that they are familiar with the process of tuition payment by the military - which is often delayed by months. My tuition account was delinquent for approximately 8 out of the 10 months of my MSI year - get used to it.