moonlighting

jdog

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2002
    Answer is yes

The question is whether when you moonlight you need to have your own insurance or whether you are covered under the hosptial insurance.

Opportunities would include ER moonlighting, being an extra rounder on the weekend, partucularly in the NICU and PICU, clinic moonlighting.

There are also community moonlighting opportunities some places like doc in the box but those you need your own malpractice insurance.

ttusom04

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Aug 20, 2003
      At my school the pediatric residents can moonlight in the NICU after they finish their NICU rotation, and the attendings feel they can handle the job. They don't make the money that FP residents can make at community ER's but, as eluded to above, they don't have to pay for malpractice insurance. I think they probably make about $40/hr. As an intern, and not having to pay for insurance, it's not bad.

About the Ads

edmadison

1K Member
      Army
      15+ Year Member
      Feb 28, 2001
      Lactate > 15
      1. Attending Physician
        Originally posted by ttusom04
        At my school the pediatric residents can moonlight in the NICU after they finish their NICU rotation, and the attendings feel they can handle the job. They don't make the money that FP residents can make at community ER's but, as eluded to above, they don't have to pay for malpractice insurance. I think they probably make about $40/hr. As an intern, and not having to pay for insurance, it's not bad.

Can they still do this with the 80 hour work week? Moonlighting at your own institution counts for your hours.

Ed

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.