Morpheus Replacement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I know this is not pre-allopathic related question, but since there's lots of traffic here I figured I would get a quick response.

I've tried the preview edition, Bear Share, Imesh, and Kazzaa, but none of these are able to connect. Any others out there that you recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

kazaa works fine for me, do you have the new 1.5.1 version?

I second that emotion. Kazaa works great for me to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool then. Do you guys have any tech tips or guidance for me: When I start Kazaa, the "search" button is greyed-out (never becomes bold) so I can't do any searches. I'm using Windows XP or whatever it's called.

From their website:

StreamCast/Morpheus CEO Steve Griffin
This week MusicCity and Morpheus users suffered
dual attacks. First, early this week MusicCity's
servers were hit by a massive Denial of Service
attack. Soon thereafter, Morpheus users found
that a separate attack had been launched on
their computers and their Morpheus software
programs. Continued ...

BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU CLICK
A recent press statement announced that
KAZAA/Sharman Networks has a new program
that allows you to re-connect to the
Kazaa/FastTrack Network. This new program is
NOT endorsed by MusicCity and will NOT allow
you to connect to the Morpheus/Gnutella P2P
network. We find it interesting that someone
sent a message to your computer earlier this
week which prevented your Morpheus Software
product from joining the network and now a new
software installer suggests that it allows you to
re-connect. Remember with Morpheus, no spy
ware, just a great P2P software product.

The new Morpheus Preview Edition
This new software product uses a different
method of connecting and searching for
information. There are several key differences.
Two of the main advantages are the ability to
search both the WWW and the world wide
Morpheus/Gnutella Network. In addition, the
number of search results has been increased
from 200 to an unlimited number. Our Catalog
City shopping allows you to purchase virtually
anything online. To learn more about how to use
and enjoy the new features of Morpheus.

Help us build the new Morpheus
Over the next few weeks we want to hear from
you about how to make your new Morpheus
software the peer-to-peer product you want it
to be. We will be showing you new Morpheus
logos, introducing new communication features
and asking you for feedback about the new
software. Keep your eyes open as each day we
post new information

Morpheus was the joint. It was building a pretty solid user base and I was able to find underground hip hop no problem. However this new Morpheus preview is running through a gnutella server that is slow and difficult to find hosts for downloading. I'm hoping that this is just a quick fix on the way to a new and improved morpheus, but I have my doubts. In the meantime I have been using 2 file sharing programs (aimster and blubster) that are decent, and much better than the Morpheus preview. I downloaded them both from the cnet.com website. Hope this helps and hopefully musiccity will get their act together soon. peace

I dunno, I tried Morpheus, I like Kazaa better. They recently changed it to include a bunch of junk, don't choose ANY of the options. It loads a bunch of junk on your 'puter. The main program is really good though. I have never had any luck with Morpheus myself, and think the size of each community is probably the same. Thats my opinion.

So, how long do you think they'll keep this thread in pre-med? hehehe

Kaza has a lot of stuff, but they insteall SPYWARE that sends info about you back to advertisters and stuff even if you choose not to install any of this programs. If you want to check if you have SPYWARE on your computer, get this program called AD-AWARE at <a href="http://www.lavasoftusa.com/aaw.html" target="_blank">Ad Aware</a>, its free and it works great. I was amazed at how much SPYWARE I had on my computer, its almost scary..

Morpheous preview has been working fine for me recently - what's gone wrong for you?

Try LimeWire. I use it and I like it way better than Morpheus.

I think to ANSWER the original poster's question that perhaps you might be behind a firewall which would prevent you from connecting. Is this the case? If not I would just sugest making sure you have a correct email address entered into the program. Hope this helps.

I think Kazaa is better than the new Morpheus preview version b/c Morpheus preview uses the Gnutella network, which doesn't seem as good as the Kazaa/old Morpheus network.

I agree, Limewire has been the only one i have been able to run on my computer. (But I have only tried the "new" Morpheus, not the old one.)Definitely get AdAware...it's AWESOME!!