most affordable dental school???

Started by rashad951
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rashad951

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
random question, but i was just curious, what dental school in the US would you say is the most affordable..ie lowest tuition, living expenses, etc.
 
random question, but i was just curious, what dental school in the US would you say is the most affordable..ie lowest tuition, living expenses, etc.

The most affordable dental school is the "Dental School of Newmexdent."

For the low tuition cost of 15,000/yr (the best deal you will find anywhere) I will offer you the dental education of a life-time.

For housing you can live in a tent on my back balcony and you can pay me an additional fee and I will allow you to eat my leftovers.

Your education would be based on my first-hand experience at dental school. I will attend dental school and while doing so I will teach you what I learn. It's a great deal!!!

As a bonus I will offer what I like to call "special training" which involves me poking you with a long stick while you perform work on your patients. The intent is to prepare you for the real world.

For patients I intend to offer low fees to attract cats, rats and stray dogs for you to perform dental work on.

When it's all over I will make a copy of my diploma and certificate with your name in place of mine.

Total cost for 4 years of dental school: $25,000
The feeling you will get from achieving your goals: Priceless
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The most affordable dental school is the "Dental School of Newmexdent."

For the low tuition cost of 15,000/yr (the best deal you will find anywhere) I will offer you the dental education of a life-time.

For housing you can live in a tent on my back balcony and you can pay me an additional fee and I will allow you to eat my leftovers.

Your education would be based on my first-hand experience at dental school. I will attend dental school and while doing so I will teach you what I learn. It's a great deal!!!

As a bonus I will offer what I like to call "special training" which involves me poking you with a long stick while you perform work on your patients. The intent is to prepare you for the real world.

For patients I intend to offer low fees to attract cats, rats and stray dogs for you to perform dental work on.

When it's all over I will make a copy of my diploma and certificate with your name in place of mine.

Total cost for 4 years of dental school: $25,000
The feeling you will get from achieving your goals: Priceless
Where do I sign up?
 
Where do I sign up?

The application process is pretty simple. Here are the steps:

1. Fill out an application.
2. Submit a video of yourself answering the question "Are cats or dogs better?"

At this point you will be offered an interview

3. Pay the interview application fee (102$)
4. Schedule and attend the interview - prepare to exhibit your manual dexterity by massaging my feet
5. Let me punch you in the kidney

That's it!
 
The school in memphis TN is the cheapest IN state...



random question, but i was just curious, what dental school in the US would you say is the most affordable..ie lowest tuition, living expenses, etc.
 
If you have a state school, that will usually be your cheapest option.

Other than that, Buffalo is quite cheap even for out of state (36,000 a year) and you will be able to get your NY residency after a year, which should then lower the cost of tuition to 18,000 a year.
 
If you have a state school, that will usually be your cheapest option.

Other than that, Buffalo is quite cheap even for out of state (36,000 a year) and you will be able to get your NY residency after a year, which should then lower the cost of tuition to 18,000 a year.

Not quite that expensive...more like 16,200 in state...and you can get residency your first year, you just have to buy property in new york
 
From what I remember, Uconn, the NY state schools (which grant residency after one year), Baylor, Houston, and San Antonio have a sweet in state tuition rate.
 
indiana is pretty cheap instate.. but they are basically sponsored by the out of staters
 
Newmexdent: Your post made me laugh. There was talk on the pre-allo board about this new "medical school" that opened up which doesn't require a degree or exam scores. The consensus is that it's a scam to prey on worried/desperate students. Hopefully us pre-dents would never fall prey to such a scam.
 
From what I remember, Uconn, the NY state schools (which grant residency after one year), Baylor, Houston, and San Antonio have a sweet in state tuition rate.

Yeah, Texas sure does take care of their residents. Residency requirements are strict however.
 
look at ALABAMA tuition for instate and out of state residents...pretty cheap.

Freshman & Sophomore
Junior

Senior
Alabama residents
$3,848.00$4,062.00$4,490.00
Non-residents
$11,544.00$12,186.00$13,470.00
 
yes, cheapest tuition/residence is going to in-state school. i'm pretty sure bama is lowest, then maybe stony brook. check predents, or better yet, just check the state schools you want to apply to. good luck.
 
Yeah, Texas sure does take care of their residents. Residency requirements are strict however.

Texas is super cheap because the State pays the school for most of our expenses. That is why they have such tough rules on out-of-state apps. Only 10% can be out-of-state by law in Texas. Most of the time each school's class only has one or two people outside of Texas. Good for me, bad for you if you wanted to go to Baylor, San Antonio, or Houston.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my personal experience as a California resident, my cheapest dental education would be achieved if I could go to LSU and achieve residency by the second year. If I'm lucky enough my graduating debt would be about $80,000 less than if I went to UCLA or UCSF (my in state choices). btw, LSU interview on Dec. 14th. w00t
 
usually, going to your state school is the cheapest. the hard part is getting accepted to them, bc they are usually more competitive than the private dental schools.