Most anal thread ever but please help me anyway??!??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, if a school asks you to list activities CHRONOLOGICALLY for the last 5 years, are we talking.....

1. List from oldest activity to newest?
2. or vice versa?

I am going to delete this thread as soon as I get my response. Thanks much! MOOOO!

Members don't see this ad.

i put the most current things first, then go backwards in time.

great. that's just what i am doing. THANKS MUCH!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree - they're probably more interested in what you've done recently.

current first - tweets- i had no idea that you could be this anal;)

I'm sure it doesn't matter, but I would interpret it as oldest first...

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
I am going to delete this thread as soon as I get my response. Thanks much! MOOOO!

Tweetie, you're probably the coolest person on SDN, but deleting a silly thread because you have the privilege to do so? :)

i would have thought to put from oldest to most recent if all they said was chronicological order and didn't specify starting with the most recent.

Techniquely, if they wanted most recent first, they would ask for you to list in "reverse chronological order," and if they wanted oldest first they would ask you to list in "chronological order." However, I don't think the people that drafted the question put that much thought into it, and I always prefer to list things in reverse chronological order (newest to oldest). That is what I would do.

Originally posted by Camden772
Techniquely, if they wanted most recent first, they would ask for you to list in "reverse chronological order," and if they wanted oldest first they would ask you to list in "chronological order."

this is correct.

Camden answered the question correctly. however I have to point out one thing - Tweetie, this doesn't even come CLOSE to being "the most anal thread ever"!!! :laugh:

hi guys,
Thanks for all the replies. I put the most current first and then went back in time. Oh well. The secondary is already in the mail.

Boy Wonder--I'd say the Hunter green suit thread is probably the most anal. Whaddya say?

And RA--coolest person on SDN, eh? How much do I owe you for that? :laugh: Thanks though! And by the way, I always thought everybody had the privilege to delete their own posts. :confused:

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
And RA--coolest person on SDN, eh? How much do I owe you for that? :laugh: Thanks though! And by the way, I always thought everybody had the privilege to delete their own posts. :confused:

Hmmmm....maybe. Can you delete the first post after it has been replied to? Because that would seem like it would kill the thread.

But you can delete the whole thread is what I meant, I think. Can our proverbial friend "Average SDNer" do that? :)

Originally posted by Random Access
Hmmmm....maybe. Can you delete the first post after it has been replied to? Because that would seem like it would kill the thread.

But you can delete the whole thread is what I meant, I think. Can our proverbial friend "Average SDNer" do that? :)

yup exactly, average joe can delete threads if he/she made the first post :)

Originally posted by the boy wonder
yup exactly, average joe can delete threads if he/she made the first post :)

Oh. Hehe...Silly me. :) Carry on.