1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Most difficult MCAT topic...

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Mr. Z, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Mr. Z

Mr. Z Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think thermodynamics gets my vote. Yet, I do have a great deal of animosity for that pesky voltaic cell. Any other really sh1tty topics out there that maybe i'm not aware of?

2. lady bug

7+ Year Member

translational motion :(

3. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

I think Verbel is teh hardast!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    having problems with torque and cells? in gen chem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Femtochemistry

Femtochemistry Skunk Works
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    PHYSICS!!! god, do i hate physics!!
    :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

6. Rapid Decomposition

10+ Year Member

For me it was acids and bases, titrations, whatever. The concepts aren't that difficult but I ALWAYS seemed to screw something up on the math. Luckily my form in April wasn't very heavy on the stuff.

7. Mr. Z

Mr. Z Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I may hate thermo, but nothing, and I mean nothing! irks me more than missing the passage based questions!!! The info to answer the question is literally right there in front of you and yet somehow you still miss it. Usually I find i miss those questions because I am hurrying, or I assume that the question is not passage based and I try to answer it based on my knowledge and not the passage. Either way, missing the passage based questions is unforgivable..:mad: And damn it, i'm not letting it happen anymore!

8. phatty925

phatty925 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i totally agree with lady bug that the ****tiest topic is translational motion. you would think it's pretty simple, but i think it's the hardest to retain...i keep forgetting those damn formulas. =T
    anyone have any KEY concepts to remember for translational motion?

9. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

I was worried about physical sciences. It had been 3 years since gen chem, one quarter of which I skipped because of AP credit. Also I was not done with my physics classes. And I didn't take any prep courses or buy any prep books. While I was taking the test there was a whole passage on circuits and resistors, which I had never seen before. So I guessed on basically a whole passage worth of questions there.

And I still got a 14.

Therefore I conclude that physical sciences is the "hardest" section, with some topic in there being the hardest topic if only because most people that take the MCAT answer many, many of these questions incorrectly.

10. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

Physics is analogous to having my eyeballs poked furiously with hot sewing needles.

I must concur with translational motion. No matter how many times I study that #[email protected]%, I just can't seem to get it!!

I used to think verbal was a cakewalk. That is, until I got a 6 on my April exam "hello August".

11. Mr. H

7+ Year Member

Hey Z, can you change your name man? I don't appreciate this copycating of mine.

12. Mr. Z

Mr. Z Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

1) Why do you have a problem with my name? Do a search on member names that start with "Mr" there are tons of them... Mr. D, Mr. T etc... so to single me out is ridiculous.

2) to answer your question, NO, I will not change my name. If the names confuse you, then either go back and learn your ABC's or change your name.

3) Copycating you :laugh: yeah right!

13. Kry

Kry cranky
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    can't we all just get along :cool:

14. WonderBoy

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Verbal is a bitch. You think you got it down, but then you get a 6 :oops: on a practice test. Verbal is always an uncertainty you really can't ever be sure how you did until you see your score report and its official.

Thermo comes in second.....

All of physics is also a pain:mad:

15. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    galvanic cells ?

always give me probs and then .... acid/base anything

16. Kry

Kry cranky
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'd have to say solubility product constants in gen chem, hate it with a passion.:mad:

17. Gradient Echo

Gradient Echo Membership Revoked
    Removed

the MCAT I took seemed to have a lot of immunology type questions on it which seemed particularly hard.

18. Dr/\/\om

Dr/\/\om Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Anything related to Physics ! :( :mad: :(