Most fun, hardest, easiest for you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LordATPSynthase

PGY3
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of the following, which would you consider the most fun to learn, the easiest, and the hardest. I scale difficulty based off of time required to master the material:

pathology, pharmacology, and microbiology/immunology(called "Immunity, Infection, and Disease" here).

I wouldn't know yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Pathology was the easiest and most fun to learn for me. I thought Micro was the hardest to get an A in, but I think that is just the way it was taught/graded at my school. Overall, I thought pharmacology was the harder class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharm is the hardest for me.

Micro/Immuno is fun because it's interesting to learn about how little bugs can do major damage to such a large, complex being such as ourselves and how we are armed with very, very kickass defense system.

Pathology is the easiest mostly because its fun, interesting, and conceptually intuitive for me.

Micro is the easiest and the most fun for me but Pathology and Pharmacology are just so bloody extensive and never-ending. I find them quite hard. Nevertheless, Pathology is quite interesting. Pharmacology on the other hand is quite "dry"....just memorizing a bunch of drugs in each category just isn't my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Path was the most enjoyable for me. Yes it's the most extensive basic science subject but I found it fun.

Pharm: was the worst for me. I hated memorizing 50 different members for each class of drugs.

Micro: was ok.

This really depens more on how things are taught at your school than anything intrinsic to the subject.

Micro: 5 week class for at least 7 weeks worth of information, your entire grade based on 2 insanely hard tests: by far the hardest.

Pharm: They have practice quizes online that basicall give you the answers to the test: easiest

Path: Profs were the most interesting: most fun.

Fun: Path. Just the most interesting and ties everything together.

Hardest: Pharm. Piss poorly taught and depending on what source you use there are an endless supply of different drugs which each book feels is important for boards.

Easiest: Immuno.

NOTA: Micro. Requires a lot of work but I feel better about it than Pharm. Some of its interesting, some just boring as crap.