Most Valuble Texts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc2004

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity,I would like to know from those who have finished their didactic course work what were the 2-3 most valuble texts books, not including study guides for COMLEX or USMLE.

Members don't see this ad.

Netter, Rohen, Robbins, Lawrence

I sold back everything else (excluding BRS books, other assorted board review books and Lippincot's Biochem and Pharm).

The most worthless book was Fundamentals of Osteopathic Medicine (FOM). It is not worth standing on

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely Robbins (Path) and Netter for Gross, although I like Moore's.

After finishing one year, I really liked Netter to show you what the body is supposed to look like, w/c is nice for learning. Moore's was nice b/c it was like a textbook. Rohen and Yokochi was great for practicals.
Lippincott was nice for biochem.
Your school library should have copies of plenty of textbooks and you can use those to see what you like b/c buying all these books gets expensive

I echo the Netter and Lippincott suggestions... but I will introduce a non-traditional suggestion: "How the Immune System Works" by Lauren something. A fantastic book which can be read in a sitting that will give you a good background for a difficult (but fascinating) subject. This is my favorite text, and well worth getting (or at least borrowing from a friend).