Mot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heavenly4505

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any other MOT students here have young children like I do? I have a 3 year old and a 21 month old. I am finishing up my Bachelor's degree and will be applying in December for OT programs beginning next Fall. Some people think I'm crazy for going to school with children so young, but I'm doing it so that I can get a good job and make a better life for them someday. My husband is a full-time student, too. I've been taking 15 credit hours a semester for the past year, but I must confess, I'm a little nervous about juggling the OT program, family life, plus a long commute (the closest school will be an hour for me and moving isn't an option because my husband is in school here and can't drive). Also, I don't have much support aside from hubby because both of my parents are dead and my inlaws live over an hour away and frankly don't care. I don't know, it's just nice to hear from others in the same boat once in a while. I know it can be done, and I know that I WILL do it. I may have to work a little harder than some, but I will succeed. I've worked too hard and have come too far to give up now. Anyone else in my situation?

Members don't see this ad.