St Augustine Fall 2016 (FL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

24Stevin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow accepted and (waitlisted) st. Augustine students! Congratulations on making it into PT SCHOOL!
I'm creating this thread so we can connect and get information/ ideas about housing, books, completing our background checks, etc, etc.

To get the ball rolling I would be interested in living with a couple roommates.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello fellow accepted and (waitlisted) st. Augustine students! Congratulations on making it into PT SCHOOL!
I'm creating this thread so we can connect and get information/ ideas about housing, books, completing our background checks, etc, etc.

To get the ball rolling I would be interested in living with a couple roommates.
I was following along with you in the other group. Im not sure what is going on up at St. Aug. A bunch of us have not received anything yet. I have a feeling they sent letters to Group A of interviews but not Group B yet? I don't know, just seems strange that they would hold out on so many others. Thoughts?

I was following along with you in the other group. Im not sure what is going on up at St. Aug. A bunch of us have not received anything yet. I have a feeling they sent letters to Group A of interviews but not Group B yet? I don't know, just seems strange that they would hold out on so many others. Thoughts?
That would make sense I was in The first group interviewed at Methodist and was waitlisted before they made decisions for the second round of interviews, so anything is possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
That would make sense I was in The first group interviewed at Methodist and was waitlisted before they made decisions for the second round of interviews, so anything is possible.
I dont mean the 1st and 2nd rounds (date wise). I mean groups A and B on that one day. (2/26). Im hoping that the first half of people received letters and the 2nd half are waiting. I have heard absolutely nothing.

I mean group a had a 3 week delay so it would be pretty normal if they had a delay of a couple weeks.

we all interviewed on the same day though...
Sorry my phone freaked out and I posted similar answers when the first one didn't post. Potentially, but maybe only a delay till Tuesday. I would call if you don't hear anything by Tuesday.

Sorry my phone freaked out and I posted similar answers when the first one didn't post. Potentially, but maybe only a delay till Tuesday. I would call if you don't hear anything by Tuesday.
yea im expecting that the group B folks will hear by Tuesday. I hope! Congrats on being accepted, I'm holding out hope that I will be part of your cohort.

I was in group A on 2/26 and have also been accepted! Congratulations :)

Reactions: 1 user
I got my acceptance e-mail Friday! I can't wait to meet everyone. I'm getting married April 30, so my wife and I will be moving down there.

Last edited:
I was in Group B and was accepted on Friday as well. I am also interested in rooming with a few people since I will be moving from Oregon. So if there are any women that are looking for roommates, give me a shout!

Can't wait until September :)

I got my acceptance e-mail Friday! I can't wait to meet everyone. I'm getting married April 30, so me and my wife will be moving down there.
Wow, double congratulations to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was digging through through the USA student site and found this information on housing arrangements.

Attachments

• Housing Zone Map.doc
    99.5 KB · Views: 67
  • New Housing List 2016.pdf
    469.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Did anyone thing about creating a fb group as well? Im not too great with creating those things, but if someone wanted me to, I can. It seems like it would be a faster way for people to respond to each other?

Attachments

• st_augustine_005_lg.jpg
    st_augustine_005_lg.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 43
I was following along with you in the other group. I'm not sure what is going on up at St. Aug. A bunch of us have not received anything yet. I have a feeling they sent letters to Group A of interviews but not Group B yet? I don't know, just seems strange that they would hold out on so many others. Thoughts?
Hey I was in group B for the interview and I got accepted last Friday. Just cause you haven't heard anything doesn't mean it is a bad thing though. They take a long time going through each applicant and they may not have come to a decision on most people yet. While scrolling through other forums from past classes (even as recent as the one before ours), some people said they hadn't heard back for like 4-5 weeks. Know it's tough, but try not to stress too much about it, it's out of your hands now.

Hey I was in group B for the interview and I got accepted last Friday. Just cause you haven't heard anything doesn't mean it is a bad thing though. They take a long time going through each applicant and they may not have come to a decision on most people yet. While scrolling through other forums from past classes (even as recent as the one before ours), some people said they hadn't heard back for like 4-5 weeks. Know it's tough, but try not to stress too much about it, it's out of your hands now.

Hey man, did you happen to read anything about waitlists?

In my email they said "We do not weight, rank or number the waitlist."

How would that even work...? I mean they can't just randomly pick people off the waitlist right?

Hey man, did you happen to read anything about waitlists?

In my email they said "We do not weight, rank or number the waitlist."

How would that even work...? I mean they can't just randomly pick people off the waitlist right?

Each School is different, but Methodist University explained their overall student pool goal as follows:
They are looking for a cohesive group, as you'll be together every day for a couple years.
They want the group to have variety, with people having different strengths that they can play off of one another.
(I'm not sure how much stock to put into this as they only see you once in person and your supporting essay like materials, and letters of recommendation, however applicants could easily hide unwanted information.)
Then based on that information they find the applicants that match the mission statement and goals of the university and take the most proven applicants from that pool. Which is a combination of GPA, GPA in certain classes, GRE scores, how many times you've taken it, particular classes taken, where the class was taken (community college vs online vs 4 yr vs prestigious 4 yr) difficulty in certain classes, observation hours: in vs out patient (all those different check boxes they have on PTCAS for the setting) understanding of the PT field, etc etc.

In summation: They likely group individuals into certain categories and try and pick individuals to create an ideal group based on previous classes that had good graduation/licensure pass rates.

Did anyone that interviewed on Saturday March 19 at St. Augustine for the Flex-DPT program hear anything back yet?

Did anyone that interviewed on Saturday March 19 at St. Augustine for the Flex-DPT program hear anything back yet?
Yes. I received an email Friday 8th. I was accepted and will be starting this Sept.

Yes. I received an email Friday 8th. I was accepted and will be starting this Sept. Have you heard anything yet?