• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Motivational Quotes for Difficult Times in Our Occupation

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2016
The purpose of this thread is to remind ourselves that while layoffs are ongoing, wages falling, hours cut, tech help decreasing, store openings almost non-existent, hospital census crashing...

There is hope, a future and better days ahead.

Please add more as you see fit.

"America is the land of second chance, and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life." - President George W. Bush, 2004 State of the Union Address

Reactions: 1 user

Marzapan

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2009
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
  2. Pharmacist
The purpose of this thread is to remind ourselves that while layoffs are ongoing, wages falling, hours cut, tech help decreasing, store openings almost non-existent, hospital census crashing...

There is hope, a future and better days ahead.

Please add more as you see fit.

"America is the land of second chance, and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life." - President George W. Bush, 2004 State of the Union Address
Not really sure how any of the pre-pharms, current students or new grads will have a better life.

My quote is: "SDN told you so."

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads

Marzapan

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2009
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
  2. Pharmacist
Well, there is always people in worse situations than new grad pharmacists. McDonald’s workers living pay check to paycheck, bartenders, homeless veterans.
Right. Unemployed in your late 20s with no marketable job skills and $200k+ in debt? Such a first-world problem. Those spoiled Americans...

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

Sine Cura

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2010
  1. Pharmacist

"America" and "prison" in the same sentence. Very apropros for Americans literally imprisoned due to colored drug possession vs white drug possession (as well as the economic underclass) except for the better life part. LMAO genius statement from #43

PharmtoCS

10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2011
"Flatten the curve!"

(from exponential growth of desperate new grads with $200k+ in loans flooding the job market, accepting lower pay and worse conditions, and cutting corners on patient safety)

About the Ads

Xenophylia

Charles Darwin fan club president
2+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2018
  1. Pharmacist
"May the odds be ever in your favor!" - greeting from older Rph to new grad.

"Game over, man! Game Over!" - spoken by a new grad, Walgreens or CVS RPh.

"Supersize or regular?" - new grad

Reactions: 1 users

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
Pre-pharms who signed up for this said they did it because it's their passion and to 'help people". They never mentioned money so they have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Sine Cura

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2010
  1. Pharmacist
"don't plan for things that won't happen" - in reference to a decades-long career / same job for decades / becoming debt-free after 250k+ in loans / the future not being a dystopic hellhole

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2016
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”

-Barack Obama

Xenophylia

Charles Darwin fan club president
2+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2018
  1. Pharmacist
"I'm sorry ___________<insert grad name here>____________ your career was stillborn. You have my sympathy." (college dean upon handing diploma to new pharmacy grad)

"Bend over- this is gonna hurt" (Person training new grad on his first day starting at Walgreens or CVS)

Last edited:

PharmtoCS

10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2011
Sons of Pharmacy! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of pharmacists fails, when we forsake our colleagues and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. Falling salaries, years of student loans to pay off, diminishing jobs, poor work conditions, and record numbers of new grads begging for jobs when the age of Pharmacy comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good profession, I bid you stand! Defenders of the Profession!

PromisedNeverland

5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2015
Sons of Pharmacy! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of pharmacists fails, when we forsake our colleagues and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. Falling salaries, years of student loans to pay off, diminishing jobs, poor work conditions, and record numbers of new grads begging for jobs when the age of Pharmacy comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good profession, I bid you stand! Defenders of the Profession!

wtf? Is this from hunger games?

DH1987

10+ Year Member
May 20, 2011
  1. Pharmacist
"Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

- Benjamin Franklin, 1789

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.