Motivational Quotes for Difficult Times in Our Occupation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to remind ourselves that while layoffs are ongoing, wages falling, hours cut, tech help decreasing, store openings almost non-existent, hospital census crashing...

There is hope, a future and better days ahead.

Please add more as you see fit.

"America is the land of second chance, and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life." - President George W. Bush, 2004 State of the Union Address

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The purpose of this thread is to remind ourselves that while layoffs are ongoing, wages falling, hours cut, tech help decreasing, store openings almost non-existent, hospital census crashing...

There is hope, a future and better days ahead.

Please add more as you see fit.

"America is the land of second chance, and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life." - President George W. Bush, 2004 State of the Union Address
Not really sure how any of the pre-pharms, current students or new grads will have a better life.

My quote is: "SDN told you so."

Reactions: 3 users
"In 100 years, we'll all be dead and none of this will matter. We'll all be completely forgotten in 200 years, too. Coke Zero is delicious." - Me.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To those recent grads and PGY-1 matriculants working at Starbucks, banks, and hair salons:

"If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?" - George Carlin

Reactions: 1 users
“They make take our jobs, but they will never take our degrees“ William Wallace, Pharm D

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Not really sure how any of the pre-pharms, current students or new grads will have a better life.

Well, there is always people in worse situations than new grad pharmacists. McDonald’s workers living pay check to paycheck, bartenders, homeless veterans.

Well, there is always people in worse situations than new grad pharmacists. McDonald’s workers living pay check to paycheck, bartenders, homeless veterans.
Right. Unemployed in your late 20s with no marketable job skills and $200k+ in debt? Such a first-world problem. Those spoiled Americans...

Reactions: 2 users
Right. Unemployed in your late 20s with no marketable job skills and $200k+ in debt? Such a first-world problem. Those spoiled Americans...

“Nobody Owes you ****.” - Gary Vaynerchuck

“You are not entitled to your dreams”- Gary Vaynerchuck

Last edited by a moderator:

I love this thread!!!! Can't give enough "likes"!

Members don't see this ad :)
My only motivation is that it'll be over eventually

For some it never began

"America" and "prison" in the same sentence. Very apropros for Americans literally imprisoned due to colored drug possession vs white drug possession (as well as the economic underclass) except for the better life part. LMAO genius statement from #43

"Yours is not to question why, yours is but to do or die."-Alfred Lord Tennyson

1593866424002.png

"Flatten the curve!"

(from exponential growth of desperate new grads with $200k+ in loans flooding the job market, accepting lower pay and worse conditions, and cutting corners on patient safety)

“Creating opportunities means looking where others are not”- Mark Cuban

Its up to them to make a better life, even with the debt and lack of jobs, there is a way.

"I stand up next to a mountain,....I chop it down with the edge of my hand" - from the song "Voodoo Child (slight return)" - Jimi Hendrix

Life is hard, it's even harder if your stupid - JWJ

"May the odds be ever in your favor!" - greeting from older Rph to new grad.

"Game over, man! Game Over!" - spoken by a new grad, Walgreens or CVS RPh.

"Supersize or regular?" - new grad

"Happy Hunger Games!" from the dean to graduating students

"There's a sucker born every minute"- pharmacy school admissions staff

Pre-pharms who signed up for this said they did it because it's their passion and to 'help people". They never mentioned money so they have nothing to worry about.

"There's a sucker born every minute"- pharmacy school admissions staff
If there is a sucker born every minute then there are 525,600 suckers born every year. Recruiting 15,000 of them (~3%) shouldn't be difficult at all.

“If you are not competitive in any field you pursue, somebody in that field is going to kick your ass”- Mark Cuban.

This goes out to all the pre-pharms considering pharmacy school:
unnamed.jpg

"don't plan for things that won't happen" - in reference to a decades-long career / same job for decades / becoming debt-free after 250k+ in loans / the future not being a dystopic hellhole

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”

-Barack Obama

"I'm sorry ___________<insert grad name here>____________ your career was stillborn. You have my sympathy." (college dean upon handing diploma to new pharmacy grad)

"Bend over- this is gonna hurt" (Person training new grad on his first day starting at Walgreens or CVS)

Last edited:
Sons of Pharmacy! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of pharmacists fails, when we forsake our colleagues and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. Falling salaries, years of student loans to pay off, diminishing jobs, poor work conditions, and record numbers of new grads begging for jobs when the age of Pharmacy comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good profession, I bid you stand! Defenders of the Profession!

Sons of Pharmacy! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of pharmacists fails, when we forsake our colleagues and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. Falling salaries, years of student loans to pay off, diminishing jobs, poor work conditions, and record numbers of new grads begging for jobs when the age of Pharmacy comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good profession, I bid you stand! Defenders of the Profession!

wtf? Is this from hunger games?

I was thinking it sounded like something out of "Braveheart"...

"In 100 years, we'll all be dead and none of this will matter. We'll all be completely forgotten in 200 years, too. Coke Zero is delicious." - Me.
I prefer the nutra sweet Diet pepsi - never did like the coke zero

Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains.

no googling allowed - what book is that from?

"Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

- Benjamin Franklin, 1789

Don't give up on your dream, keep on sleeping.

“Don’t worry, a Pharm.D. makes a competitive foundation for medical school!”

"Ampicillin is my favorite antibiotic versus Covid" --Larkin graduate

• Haha