Mount Sinai v Northwestern Feinberg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulkid6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help! I picked Sinai (and am from Long Island), but got off the Feinberg waitlist and got a slightly more generous financial aid package there, but nothing dramatically different. I truly do not know which school to choose. Any advice comparing their programs/student life would be appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would think you'd lean towards Sinai because it's closer to your support system. The world is at your doorstep in NYC and I think it's the greatest city in the world, but Chicago has plenty of opportunities as well. I don't think either of them will give you any more of an edge over the other.

First of all, congrats! I chose between these two schools this year as well. I thought both Second Looks were equally fantastic, students were equally friendly, the programs both seemed to give students time to enjoy life, and the area around both schools are pretty equally exciting. I picked Feinberg in part due to the financial aspect and also because the people there are so keen on mentoring and connecting you into whatever you are interested in. I also really enjoy the Midwestern niceness. You’ll have a great experience in either place so maybe go with wherever you’d like to live in the future!

NWU has a better reputation and Chicago > NYC all day every day. However, if you are from Long Island and if staying near family is important, then go to Sinai.

Thank you all so much for your input!! They don't give you much time to make a decision and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, so I am truly thankful :) I ultimately went with Sinai, as it just made sense for me. Love Feinberg of course, but for me I think the fit was better at Sinai.

Reactions: 3 users