Moving across country in July, what to bring with me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChosenBrotherRaoh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm moving from the Eastern Sea board to Kansas City in July.
I was planning on doing the following:

Packing all the bare essentials in my car, driving cross country:
Laptop, Clothes, Toiletries, Utensils, Microwave, Blankie, Anime Collection, etc
Buying the furniture when I get there.

What else should I bring?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Laptop, Clothes, Toiletries, Utensils, Microwave, Blankie, Anime Collection, etc

AAA card and a roadside repair kit! Don't want to get a flat tire in a bad cell reception area and be stranded! Also, we're gonna be in the same class so see ya then

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Jeeze, you're reminding me of the drives I've had to make cross country for grad schools, post doc, and Faculty position!

Slow cooker
Rice cooker
Coffeemaker
Laundry basket
Favorite books
Towels
Bed clothes
Dish rack?
Prepared foods for the first few nights you arrive (rice, canned goods, freeze-dry food, C-rats/MREs etc)
Bread maker (if you like to make bread...I do)

Reactions: 4 users
Jeeze, you're reminding me of the drives I've had to make cross country for grad schools, post doc, and Faculty position!

Slow cooker
Rice cooker
Coffeemaker
Laundry basket
Favorite books
Towels
Bed clothes
Dish rack?
Prepared foods for the first few nights you arrive (rice, canned goods, freeze-dry food, C-rats/MREs etc)

Thank you Goro!

I'm now a member of AAA!

Reactions: 1 users

An open mind, self-confidence and a smile. Knock it out of the park!!

Slow cooker
Rice cooker
Coffeemaker
Laundry basket
Favorite books
Towels
Bed clothes
Dish rack?

Instead of the slow cooker and rice cooker I recommend an electric pressure cooker. They have both of those functions plus many more so less items you need! Mine is the only reason I eat healthy in medical school...

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
If you're a Spotify user, make sure you download your favorite playlist to your phone before you go!

When I drove to KC from the mitten, I lost service multiple times and had to sit in silence... Could be something to do with my phone service not being the best too (T-mobile... ugh.)

Actually I forgot one thing I thought was key the last time I drove from California! Listen to comedy radio on pandora it makes the long hours fly by since, unlike music, you dont know how long the tracks are and you get to forget the drive and just laugh. =D