Rough estimate of my chances applying in July-August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

taytayswift

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey yall, I’m studying for my mcat rn but my AAMC fl 1 score was 491 in march and I’m planning on taking the test either May or June. Honestly aiming for a 505. My gpa is 3.75 and I’m a trad applicant. Do you think applying late July - early august with around those stats will give me at least one A? I’ve completed my entire application and have had many advisors review it, they were impressed with a lot of my achievements and writing, they said if I can get the mcat score I have a pretty good shot at getting in this cycle. Just worried that applying in august might be too late. Also trying to stay within the east coast .
 
I'm an advocate for applying early. I had a 503 MCAT, 2.9 Science GPA and 3.2 Overall GPA. I firmly believe the A I received was, in part*, because I applied as early as I could.
*I also worked my BUTT off with a gap year to have solid research, volunteering, and clinical experiences to really build my application and show who I am, not just what I was like in College. (Non-trad student with a disadvantaged background).