Moving during application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rumlodlk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed a thread on this written in 2002, but I'm not sure what steps I should take seeing that it's been 12 years since then.

I'm moving to California at the end of August for work. Do I need to contact schools individually, AMCAS, or both? Also, how does this factor into my residency status for schools I've applied to both in California and the state I'm currently living in?

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed a thread on this written in 2002, but I'm not sure what steps I should take seeing that it's been 12 years since then.

I'm moving to California at the end of August for work. Do I need to contact schools individually, AMCAS, or both? Also, how does this factor into my residency status for schools I've applied to both in California and the state I'm currently living in?
I can't answer the question about residency status, but I just moved this past weekend (not even a half hour away). It's sufficient to just change the address in AMCAS for most schools, but one of my schools (Iowa) was very clear that you need to update their particular secondary and that they will not accept address changes via AMCAS.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I've already submitted all my secondaries so I guess I'll just e-mail each school individually.:(