Moving in Aug: What do I do about a Mailbox for the application cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be moving in August to a new place. I don’t have a choice. Likely the new place will be ~30 mins from my current place.
My permanent address is roughly 2hrs away right now and my parents are there on and off at best.
What should I do about a mailbox? I will be applying this round but figure I need one address for the next 12 months or so. Can you update an address in the middle of the process? Opinions on what I should do?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can always update your address in the middle of the cycle, also fill out a change of adress form at the post office, so any mail that was sent prior to the change will be forwarded to your new address.

narc said:
I will be moving in August to a new place. I don’t have a choice. Likely the new place will be ~30 mins from my current place.
My permanent address is roughly 2hrs away right now and my parents are there on and off at best.
What should I do about a mailbox? I will be applying this round but figure I need one address for the next 12 months or so. Can you update an address in the middle of the process? Opinions on what I should do?
Thanks
Yes you can update your address in the middle of the process, but I would say that is a pretty sketchy last-ditch option. After all, you already hear about application horror stories without having the added complexity of throwing in a new address in the mix. I'd see if a friend would let you use their address, or just suck it up and use your parents' permanent address.