MPH and taking pre reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoungGregory

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you done your MPH program while taking med school pre-reqs at the same time? Is it possible?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What type of pre-reqs do you need to take? Are they classes that the program required or suggested or things you just think you need to know? I am probably taking a calculus class my first semester so I am better prepared for my second semester of biostats if I end up selecting a program that requires 2 semesters of biostats. 2 out of the 3 programs I am considering have the 2 semester requirement regardless of your concentration. However, this wasn't a requirement or a suggestion. I just want to do well in the classes and strengthen my quantitative skills. I do worry about the courseload since undergrad math classes usually involve daily homework assignments. I am going to talk to my advisor about it once I decide where I am going. I think if the school is requiring you take classes, then your advisor should be able to help you figure out what is reasonable, etc.

Last edited:
pre-reqs are generally completed before matriculating into the program. if there is a particular program you're interested in, i would call the admissions office and ask.

-waystinthyme