MPH Fall 2015: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone - I am career-changing and I was pretty confident in my application, but now I am pretty nervous because it looks like everyone has a definitive health background. A lot of schools say they will take any undergrad major. I am applying to epidemiology programs with either concentrations in psychiatric epidemiology or strong research in those areas. Does anyone know of at least anecdotal evidence of someone who was a business major who got into a decent MPH program?

Undergrad School:
U of Cincinnati
Undergrad GPA: 3.749
Major/Minor: Finance, and some pre-med (1st year bio and chem, A&P 2)
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
Took some creative writing grad classes for fun; 4.0
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 165 V 158 Q 5.5 AWA
Experience/Research (please, be brief): 3 years full time senior business analyst at large, reputable financial company; 6 months investment analyst; 6 months writing intern at cancer research lab while in school; in school was president of Finance Club and managed a $400k student-run fund; serve on committees at work; volunteered for about a month at a hospital; various volunteer experiences not directly related to health

Applied: Columbia, Emory, U of Florida
Plan on applying to: U of Pittsburgh, Virginia Commonwealth, U of Washington, might throw in an application to Johns Hopkins though I'm pretty sure I'm not eligible, will apply to various backup schools with later deadlines if I don't get into those
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Ha! I'm also a UC grad looking for a career change. You really shouldn't be worried, though. You at least have bio, chem, and a decent amount of math on your transcripts. DAAP didn't require any of that and I really regret not taking a few science courses (I always loved biology). Anyway, there are a million paths to a career in public health—an old friend of mine (who also went to UC for undergrad) was in IT for a couple years before getting her MPH from Johns Hopkins. I think you have a great chance and should apply to any program that you think would be a good fit for your goals. Life throws up enough obstacles on its own, there's no reason to create limitations for yourself, especially at the start of a new career!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Undergrad School: Temple University
Undergrad GPA: approximately 3.3 at the time of applying
Major/Minor: Neuroscience (crazy right lol)
GRE 10/11/14 ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE OMG. V:above 50% Q:below 50% AW:4.5
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
I was formerly premed so most of my crap is geared towards that.. but I did a CDC sponsored internship this past summer that focused on health policy and the ACA and I have also interned in public health at a non profit prior to that.

***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants. Judging by last year's thread, yes we are this obsessive and neurotic.***

Applied: Drexel, Temple (MPH with Health policy management focus), Hopkins- MHA, UMD College Park - MHA & Georgetown MHA SOPHAS Verified 11/14
Accepted: Temple 12/9, Drexel 12/10, Georgetown 2/10
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

my Quant score is what really has me pretty down in the dumps but I didnt see much room for improvement or a purpose for taking it again, I have multiple books and took a prep course. somehow the Q on the test wasnt anything I saw in my preparation lol. Ideally UMD College Park will accept me, but at this point I don't know if I will get accepted anywhere :-( I will be sad, but at the same time, I would actually like a job. I only applied to grad school to put off getting a real job and help me transition from premed to Health Admin.
FINGERS CROSSED I GET LUCKY. GOOD LUCK GUYS

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I can't even count how many times a day I check my email.
I feel you. My heart drops into my stomach every time I see an email icon on my phone. Too bad it's actually promotional emails 100% of the time.
I can't wait till the day where someone on this thread says they've gotten their first acceptance!

There is definitely a downside to submitting early, it means we have to wait longer!!

Members don't see this ad :)
my Quant score is what really has me pretty down in the dumps but I didnt see much room for improvement or a purpose for taking it again, I have multiple books and took a prep course. somehow the Q on the test wasnt anything I saw in my preparation lol. Ideally UMD College Park will accept me, but at this point I don't know if I will get accepted anywhere :-( I will be sad, but at the same time, I would actually like a job. I only applied to grad school to put off getting a real job and help me transition from premed to Health Admin.

I did pretty bad as well, but it's too late to retake at this point. I'm currently recovering from a brain injury and I was told it is going to take me months to get back to normal. So I had to take the GRE all hyped up on medication and I got a kicking migraine after the first section. I passed, but barely. I know that it was due to my medical condition.

Oh well. Can't do much about it. I kind of feel like I won't get into my top choice anymore, but everything else on my application is pretty much perfect. We'll have to see. Don't worry, though. You'll get in somewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
I was formerly premed so most of my crap is geared towards that.. but I did a CDC sponsored internship this past summer that focused on health policy and the ACA and I have also interned in public health at a non profit prior to that.

***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants. Judging by last year's thread, yes we are this obsessive and neurotic.***

Applied: Drexel, Temple (MPH with Health policy management focus), Hopkins- MHA, UMD College Park - MHA & I planning on applying to Georgetown MHA
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

I wouldn't immediately accept that you can't improve your quant score. There are a lot of factors that can go into performing poorly on the GRE.

I feel you. My heart drops into my stomach every time I see an email icon on my phone. Too bad it's actually promotional emails 100% of the time.
I can't wait till the day where someone on this thread says they've gotten their first acceptance!

There is definitely a downside to submitting early, it means we have to wait longer!!

I'm the same way! I scramble to check the e-mail on my phone every time I see that notification (worst part is, I get e-mails to three accounts on my phone). It's almost always either promotional or to one of my other e-mails. This wait it killing me. I feel like it's going to make the next couple of months drag on.

Reactions: 1 user
I totally understand!! I submitted mine not even a week ago and I feel like I'm dying inside lol I just want to know now!!! I think I need an early vacation or something, if only I could afford it.... sigh

An early vacation would be an amazing distraction right now! I'm just holding out until the four day weekend where I can go visit my family and focus on something else for a few days. :sorry:

:( I doubt we'll be getting any news until the deadlines pass, I haven't even received confirmations from most of the schools I've applied to... This is going to be a long stressful ride.

Also, I get extra nervous when I receive a confirmation stating that my "application has been sent to the Admissions Committee for review."

There's something about applying to grad school and waiting that is so much more nerve wracking than applying to college/undergrad.

Just an FYI to those who have applied to NYU, in their confirmation e-mail they said that they "anticipate beginning to issue decisions later in the fall."

So decisions could be released sooner than we think.

Ha! I'm also a UC grad looking for a career change. You really shouldn't be worried, though. You at least have bio, chem, and a decent amount of math on your transcripts. DAAP didn't require any of that and I really regret not taking a few science courses (I always loved biology). Anyway, there are a million paths to a career in public health—an old friend of mine (who also went to UC for undergrad) was in IT for a couple years before getting her MPH from Johns Hopkins. I think you have a great chance and should apply to any program that you think would be a good fit for your goals. Life throws up enough obstacles on its own, there's no reasons to create limitations for yourself, especially at the start of a new career!

THANK YOU! That is great to hear about your friend getting into Johns Hopkins. It's also really cool you're going from DAAP to public health. There's a lot of good to be had from depth of study but I definitely like to make sure I cultivate my creative side. My dad was a stock broker and now is a full time artist.

Anyway, I did just visit Pittsburgh since it is within driving distance and seems like a really good match. It went pretty well. That took a lot of stress off.

It's only been two weeks since I've submitted my application, and the waiting is already killing me slowly. Anyone else in the same boat as I am?

I started checking my email frantically the next day. I just got a note from Emory that they received my application but haven't started reviewing them yet. So, I'm not sure what that means since their site says 4 to 6 weeks after you submit you should expect a decision. Maybe the soonest is 4 to 6 weeks after the deadline? That's just an example, not sure how others work.

I wouldn't immediately accept that you can't improve your quant score. There are a lot of factors that can go into performing poorly on the GRE.

I hate to say this, but Im all about honesty. I literally don't understand the concepts on the Q portion, Ive never been a good test taker in math. For some reason, my brain literally goes poof whenever I see math on an exam..If this was like my end all be all I would be more concerned, but I havent been studying since I took it so it really is too late as my SOPHAS is already verified and I have apps due in January. but thanks for the encouragement

BTW Idk how this reply thing works so sorry for future multiple posts.

For anyone having difficulty with the GRE or looking for study resources, I highly recommend Magoosh. I'm pretty terrible in math (except statistics, strangely enough) and Magoosh's math lessons have helped me a lot. Their math problems are reportedly more difficult than the problems found on the GRE, but they've helped me reach the minimum level I wanted to reach for the programs I want.

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad School: UC Riverside
Undergrad GPA: 3.74

Major/Minor: Public Policy
GradGPA (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 9/21/14 V 153 Q 146 W 4.5
-Legislative Intern at Western Municipal Water District
-Clinical Care Intern at Riverside Community Hospital (280 hours)
-Medical Intern for a month in Yunnan Province, China
-Student Ambassador for my major, Public Policy
-Tutor for the school's Academic Resource Center
-Student Rep in the planning committee for the upcoming UC Global Health Day

Applied: UCLA HPM, UCI Sociocultural & Diversity, USC Health Education & Promotion
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

I was wondering if you guys could answer some of my questions?
1. Do schools weigh the sophas verified GPA more than the transcript GPA?
2. How bad do you think my GRE scores are going to affect my chances?

I started checking my email frantically the next day. I just got a note from Emory that they received my application but haven't started reviewing them yet. So, I'm not sure what that means since their site says 4 to 6 weeks after you submit you should expect a decision. Maybe the soonest is 4 to 6 weeks after the deadline? That's just an example, not sure how others work.

I've seen in last year's thread that Emory does actually get back to applicants relatively early (compared to other schools) so hopefully you'll be hearing back soon! Good luck

Applied: Drexel, Temple (MPH with Health policy management focus), Hopkins- MHA, UMD College Park - MHA & I planning on applying to Georgetown MHA
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

My quant score is low too. I took it twice and got the same score. The odd thing is I'm supposed to be good at math but the GRE was something different. I'm hoping to get into College Park as well, haven't finished my application yet.

Does anyone have any good sources that explain how to write a statement of purpose? I wrote one but I do not think its good enough. At this point it is the only thing holding up my applications. A professor at Hopkins said it needs to be fiery and show my passion. I'm not sure I know how to write that way lol.

Does anyone have any good sources that explain how to write a statement of purpose? I wrote one but I do not think its good enough. At this point it is the only thing holding up my applications. A professor at Hopkins said it needs to be fiery and show my passion. I'm not sure I know how to write that way lol.

I bought a book that is really good: http://www.amazon.com/Graduate-Admi...d=1416579424&sr=8-3&keywords=admissions+essay

I highly recommend it. It has a lot of tips on communicating with grad programs and the application cycle and gives a ton of essay examples, so you can get a feel for the style you like. Gives some solid writing tips as well for the essay, but if you're not a writer in general, you may want to pick up some other books on writing. I think he gives recommendations.

General overview from what I can remember:
1. Be sure to visit the school's website and answer the exact question they ask/requirements they have. Do not go over the word count.
2. Customize each essay by school. Include why you want to go there (obviously), professors you'd like to work with, why you want to live in that area if you are moving, etc.
3. Clearly state your goals and how the program would help you achieve them.
4. DO NOT say "I've always wanted to..."
5. DO NOT reference examples from when you were a child, unless you do it really quickly to attach it to something you did as an adult.
6. Do not just walk through a resume; you can reference your other work in the application (e.g. "I worked at XYZ company on a research project; my resume details my responsibilities.")
7. DO NOT use humor
8. "Show" don't "tell" (i.e. It's better to extrapolate on one example of when you exhibited a certain quality versus giving a list of your qualities.)
9. Sometimes it is good to give a laundry list of your skill bank, but do that only one time.
10. The author of this book is big on reductionism as a means of being more concise to fit word limits.

I also would be happy to take a look at your essay. I have a knack for writing things like this.

In general, to spice it up you could:
1. Use better adjectives
2. Action verbs
3. Varied sentence structure
4. What I call "weaving"; For example, start talking about your story, and weave in the program, then back to your story, then back to the program, etc.

Undergrad School: UC Riverside
Undergrad GPA: 3.74
Major/Minor: Public Policy
GradGPA
(if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 9/21/14 V 153 Q 146 W 4.5
-Legislative Intern at Western Municipal Water District
-Clinical Care Intern at Riverside Community Hospital (280 hours)
-Medical Intern for a month in Yunnan Province, China
-Student Ambassador for my major, Public Policy
-Tutor for the school's Academic Resource Center
-Student Rep in the planning committee for the upcoming UC Global Health Day

Applied: UCLA HPM, UCI Sociocultural & Diversity, USC Health Education & Promotion
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

1. I honestly don't know the answer to this one. I think that schools probably use the SOPHAS GPA as a quick assessment type of thing. I personally hope they look at the GPA on our transcript as well though since my SOPHAS one was significantly lower.
2. Your GRE is a bit on the lower end. You made it just above the 50th percentile for your verbal, but your quant is quite low. It doesn't look like you're trying to go into a quantitative field though, so that might not hurt you too badly. You also have the benefit of having an excellent GPA (well above the average for most MPH programs) and pretty good ECs. I think you still have a pretty decent shot even with the low GRE!

These are PURELY speculation as I am not an admissions professional of any kind and this is my 1st time applying to graduate school.

1. I'd assume they'd weight SOPHAS a little more, since that will include all of your coursework vs. just at the one school in undergrad. That being said, some schools do it differently and only look at the last 60/90 credits. I'm sure that depending on what you're planning on studying, the different departments will "weight" grades in certain coursework over other types. If you are worried about your GPA, you can specify in your SOP "I graduated with a 3.XXX GPA," or "My major GPA was 3.XXX," or "I struggled because of so and so in my whatever year of college, but, not accounting for that year, my GPA was 3.XXX," and so on. There is also an area for additional information in SOPHAS if you have things like this you want to expand on. That all being said - your GPA looks great, and if SOPHAS is different, it's probably only a bit lower. Anything above 3.5 is great.

2. Really depends on the school and the program. For example, a Behavior & Social Science professor at Pitt said they only look for a quant score of 18% or higher, but Epi is 70% or higher, which is a huge difference. If a school says they look for the 50% or higher, for example, than their actual admit averages are going to be higher than that. I recommend seeing if you can find average scores for admitted students on the schools' web pages. Another option is grad cafe's admissions log: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=public health. If you find you are consistently significantly lower in scores, you'd probably want to add some safe schools to your list, or ideally re-take the GRE. It is possible to get in anywhere with a lower GPA or GRE than average, but honestly not a realistic assumption to make.

I'd really focus on writing an outstanding SOP and communicating extensively with professors and admissions staff in your prospective programs. It sounds like you are probably in California, so I would definitely visit all of the schools.

I bought a book that is really good: http://www.amazon.com/Graduate-Admissions-Essays-Fourth-School/dp/1607743213/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416579424&sr=8-3&keywords=admissions essay

I highly recommend it. It has a lot of tips on communicating with grad programs and the application cycle and gives a ton of essay examples, so you can get a feel for the style you like. Gives some solid writing tips as well for the essay, but if you're not a writer in general, you may want to pick up some other books on writing. I think he gives recommendations.

General overview from what I can remember:
1. Be sure to visit the school's website and answer the exact question they ask/requirements they have. Do not go over the word count.
2. Customize each essay by school. Include why you want to go there (obviously), professors you'd like to work with, why you want to live in that area if you are moving, etc.
3. Clearly state your goals and how the program would help you achieve them.
4. DO NOT say "I've always wanted to..."
5. DO NOT reference examples from when you were a child, unless you do it really quickly to attach it to something you did as an adult.
6. Do not just walk through a resume; you can reference your other work in the application (e.g. "I worked at XYZ company on a research project; my resume details my responsibilities.")
7. DO NOT use humor
8. "Show" don't "tell" (i.e. It's better to extrapolate on one example of when you exhibited a certain quality versus giving a list of your qualities.)
9. Sometimes it is good to give a laundry list of your skill bank, but do that only one time.
10. The author of this book is big on reductionism as a means of being more concise to fit word limits.

I also would be happy to take a look at your essay. I have a knack for writing things like this.

In general, to spice it up you could:
1. Use better adjectives
2. Action verbs
3. Varied sentence structure
4. What I call "weaving"; For example, start talking about your story, and weave in the program, then back to your story, then back to the program, etc.

Thanks for the great advice! I will definitely take a look at that book and some others!

My quant score is low too. I took it twice and got the same score. The odd thing is I'm supposed to be good at math but the GRE was something different. I'm hoping to get into College Park as well, haven't finished my application yet.

I hear you lol. Get on that application ASAP !! I had a goal of being done with applications by mid October, but I wasnt done til mid november. set a goal for yourself, just sit down and do it. especially with us having lower scores, it might help to apply earlier, we dont, or at least I dont have the luxury of waiting to submit my app like people with GRE scores in the 70 + percentile. as far as your personal statement, I actually found great examples on line and just tweaked them for my needs cus I didnt feel like spending any more money on buying books. best of luck to u

Hi! I just finished writing my personal statement and wanted to know if someone would be willing to review it for me.? I need my PS to be great because my GPA isn't the best. its a 2.98 which isn't very competitive. I have two years working in healthcare and am currently doing a year long AmeriCorps program with Community HealthCorps. I am going to take my GRE again next month. I have been studying for it and I am hoping to get good scores. Would anyone be willing to give me some constructive criticism? I appreciate the help!

If fiery isn't your personality, don't try to write that way. Be yourself, first of all, then be sure to address the specific guidelines posted by each school you're applying to. I think it's important to be clear about why you want a career in public health, what goals you hope to achieve in your career, and how that particular school can help you reach those goals. Having a "hook" is always good, but your passion or personal story should not overshadow the practical purpose of the essay.

Good luck!

I've only received emails from Columbia and Emory. I did have to email Yale since they do not specify how long your SOP has to be. I'm happy that I did. They said 1 to 1.5 pages (single spaced).

So, if anyone is applying to Yale, make sure your essay isn't too long.

Hi! I just finished writing my personal statement and wanted to know if someone would be willing to review it for me.? I need my PS to be great because my GPA isn't the best. its a 2.98 which isn't very competitive. I have two years working in healthcare and am currently doing a year long AmeriCorps program with Community HealthCorps. I am going to take my GRE again next month. I have been studying for it and I am hoping to get good scores. Would anyone be willing to give me some constructive criticism? I appreciate the help!

I don't mind looking at it. Again, not an expert on admissions essays by any means, but I did get a 5.5 on my AWA if that tells you anything. :)

I'll message you my e-mail.

Can anybody tell me what happens if UCLA does get my official transcripts by their deadline Dec 1st? I have completed their graduate school application and SOPHAS. I got an email saying that they are review it now but they won't check the official transcripts that I have sent to them until an official decision is made. I am just paranoid that they might now have my transcripts that I have sent.

Can anybody tell me what happens if UCLA does get my official transcripts by their deadline Dec 1st? I have completed their graduate school application and SOPHAS. I got an email saying that they are review it now but they won't check the official transcripts that I have sent to them until an official decision is made. I am just paranoid that they might now have my transcripts that I have sent.

If you applied through SOPHAS, all of the schools you applied to get your transcripts.

Berkeley sent me confirmation e-mails twice, once when I submitted my application two weeks ago and one just now. The e-mails are identical. Does anyone know what that means? Or is it just a mistake?

I think I'm a little confused by what you're saying. So UCLA requests that you send them your transcripts directly? But only after they have made a decision about you? That doesn't really make sense. Any school that participates in SOPHAS automatically gets a copy of all of your transcripts once your application has been verified.

Maybe they are talking about your Spring semester transcripts if you're currently enrolled in undergrad? They would only need those if you are accepted.

I also applied to UCLA and I know that we had to mail a separate transcripts, one to SOPHAS and one to their admissions office. I Double checked to see if they had received my transcripts since my college sends them pretty fast and they said that they had it but they do not review them until the admissions decision has been made. So you should be fine :) As long as it was mailed they will have it, they are just weird because they also have our transcripts through SOPHAS.

Hope that helps!!!

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email from Michigan?

I received an e-mail from them on November 17th letting me know they've received my application (which was verified on November 11th).

I heard from them today, recommending me for admission to their MPH in epi! Admitted student day will take place on March 13th.

@kismet1992, I got the same 2 emails from Berkeley. Maybe it's just a glitch?

Have you sent your GRE score to their Graduate Division? I sent mine through SOPHAS, but apparently we have to send them separately also, I requested that ETS send my scores over a week ago, but I contacted Berkeley yesterday and the said they still haven't received them! Did you have any problems with that?

I've only received emails from Columbia and Emory. I did have to email Yale since they do not specify how long your SOP has to be. I'm happy that I did. They said 1 to 1.5 pages (single spaced).

So, if anyone is applying to Yale, make sure your essay isn't too long.
How long did it take to hear from Columbia? I submitted to them first, probably a week and a half or more ago, haven't gotten an email.

How long did it take to hear from Columbia? I submitted to them first, probably a week and a half or more ago, haven't gotten an email.

Columbia got back to me around 5 days after submitting my application just letting me know that my application had been received and was complete.

Columbia e-mailed me before my application was verified by SOPHAS. I believe I submitted my application on November 3rd and they e-mailed me on the 6th.

The SOPHAS folks told me that schools can see your application as soon as you submit.

I received an e-mail from them on November 17th letting me know they've received my application (which was verified on November 11th).

I heard from them today, recommending me for admission to their MPH in epi! Admitted student day will take place on March 13th.

Wow that's awesome! Congrats! :)

I applied about three weeks ago and still haven't received any acknowledgement/confirmation of my application...

Have you sent your GRE score to their Graduate Division? I sent mine through SOPHAS, but apparently we have to send them separately also, I requested that ETS send my scores over a week ago, but I contacted Berkeley yesterday and the said they still haven't received them! Did you have any problems with that?

Oh no! Where does it state we have to submit our GRE score separately from SOPHAS?

I got this info from their website (the "this application" refers to the UC Berkeley Graduate Division Application)

"ii. You are NOT required to submit your GRE scores through this application; you are only required to send your scores to SOPHAS code 4227."

Source: http://sph.berkeley.edu/admissions/how-to-apply

Really? Before I submitted, I kept getting emails from them informing prospective students to submit before Dec. 1st (even though their FINAL deadline is Jan. 15th--someone from administration told me this). I've been getting those emails since September.

OK, I just checked my emails and I e-submitted on 10/11, but I had a little issue with my transcripts so I had to re-submit and it was verified on 10/14. Apparently this year, applications are no longer mailed so schools have full access to your application once it's verified. I received an email from them on 10/17, but it might be because I'm missing some information.

It could be that since your application is 100% complete, they have no reason to email you?

I submitted my application to Harvard and haven't heard a thing!

Really? Before I submitted, I kept getting emails from them informing prospective students to submit before Dec. 1st (even though their FINAL deadline is Jan. 15th--someone from administration told me this). I've been getting those emails since September.

OK, I just checked my emails and I e-submitted on 10/11, but I had a little issue with my transcripts so I had to re-submit and it was verified on 10/14. Apparently this year, applications are no longer mailed so schools have full access to your application once it's verified. I received an email from them on 10/17, but it might be because I'm missing some information.

It could be that since your application is 100% complete, they have no reason to email you?

I submitted my application to Harvard and haven't heard a thing!
Well frack. I did start getting the emails stressing to submit early when I started my list of schools in SOPHAS. I did just have my final rec letter come through so maybe that is why they haven't confirmed receipt of my application? But I know they can see it as soon as there are 2, so I am getting nervous since others have gotten the confirmation. Hmmm...

Oh no! Where does it state we have to submit our GRE score separately from SOPHAS?

I got this info from their website (the "this application" refers to the UC Berkeley Graduate Division Application)

"ii. You are NOT required to submit your GRE scores through this application; you are only required to send your scores to SOPHAS code 4227."

Source: http://sph.berkeley.edu/admissions/how-to-apply

Well this is confusing! On the application itself, it says:

Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Applicants must take the GRE General Test.

The GRE Subject Test is NOT required for this program.

Any applicable GRE tests should be taken within the last five years of application. Order your official GRE scores from ETS to be submited to the UCB Graduate Division. Our school code is 4833. More information is available from the ETS GRE web page.

Underneath that, there's a small box where you put in your GRE registration number, if you have requested from ETS that your scores be sent directly to the Graduate Division (4833), your scores will show up in this section.

My scores have finally showed up in the Berkeley application. In any case, I'm glad I actually sent them separately so I don't get any surprises later on

Undergrad School: San Francisco State University (plus 1.5 years at NYU)
Undergrad GPA: 3.6
Major/Minor: Nursing
GradGPA (if applicable):
GRE 11/20 V 164 Q 147 (ack!!!!) or Other Test (if applicable):

-(New) Public Health Nurse, working Home Health
-Community Outreach Worker for local Clinic's HIV mobile testing unit
-Over 2 years hospital volunteering (bedside and department of education creating pt. education materials)
-Women's Health Educator in SF County Jail
-Traveled to Guatamala to volunteer with US and GT Midwives

Applied: UC Berkeley, Yale, Johns Hopkins
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

I bombed my Quant GRE and there is no time to retake it before the Cal deadline (my top choice) Grrrrrrr.

Undergrad School: Non-US Medical School
Undergrad GPA: 3.63 (WES)
Major/Minor: Medicine

GRE V 158 Q 157 Other Test (if applicable): TOEFL- 115/120

-One Year rotatory Internship in a hospital
-Health Volunteer (part-time) for an NGO for 3 years
-Post graduate resident and teaching assistant in Community Medicine for 3 years
-Assisted in two researches, Presented a Paper on the same
-Just completed my thesis dissertation on malnutrition in school going adolescents

Applied: MPH- SBS (2015) in Yale, Johns Hopkins, Harvard, Emory Rollins, BU
Accepted: Johns Hopkins (14/11)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Hello everyone. Got my first acceptance so finally felt like posting. Still waiting on Harvard before I make my decision, since JHSPH is expensive for me. I love the school though :) So, Yay!

Undergrad School: Non-US Medical School
Undergrad GPA: 3.63 (WES)
Major/Minor: Medicine

GRE V 158 Q 157 Other Test (if applicable): TOEFL- 115/120

-One Year rotatory Internship in a hospital
-Health Volunteer (part-time) for an NGO for 3 years
-Post graduate resident and teaching assistant in Community Medicine for 3 years
-Assisted in two researches, Presented a Paper on the same
-Just completed my thesis dissertation on malnutrition in school going adolescents

Applied: MPH- SBS (2015) in Yale, Johns Hopkins, Harvard, Emory Rollins, BU
Accepted: Johns Hopkins (14/11)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Hello everyone. Got my first acceptance so finally felt like posting. Still waiting on Harvard before I make my decision, since JHSPH is expensive for me. I love the school though :) So, Yay!
Congratulations!

How long did it take for Johns Hopkins to get back to you after your application was submitted?