Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stuck between BU (Global Health) and Tulane (International Health Programs). Anyone have any advice for me?
I'm also stuck between BU and UT for Epi. And we only have like less than two weeks to decide!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Stuck between BU (Global Health) and Tulane (International Health Programs). Anyone have any advice for me?
congrats! what tract did you apply for at sdsu?
i'm currently an undergrad student here if you have any qs about campus! i also know a lot of the public health professors
Has anyone heard back from NYU? Seriously its been so long and their 4 weeks is up![]()

No, strange cause they emailed me decisions would be mailed out in March. To be fair I've made my decision already but still frustrating they haven't sent anything out![]()
@spanishkid call/email them for a definite answer. Especially if they're telling @IntriguedStudent they're still reviewing. And yes I agree I'm very disappointed as well. I waited over 2 months weeks to hear that something wasn't verified as well when i was notified via email that it was verified a few days after I submitted my application. But I'm waitlisted now so I have a new hurdle to overcome now.
But get a definite answer @spanishkid. They owe you that much at least.
No, strange cause they emailed me decisions would be mailed out in March. To be fair I've made my decision already but still frustrating they haven't sent anything out![]()
I am in the same situation as you. I've got full funding for the first year Mph at Berkeley but I also got admitted into UNC Msph to Phd (without any funding)... However, life at Berkeley is soo expensive, and I am a little worried about funding my second year there. On the other hand, my country would finance half of the UNC program as it is considered a doctoral program.Declined offers for Emory, Boston, Tulane, and GW so hopefully someone on the waitlist will get in! Still trying to decide between Berkeley and UNC (only 14 more days! ahh). Both are great programs and everyone keeps telling me "you can't go wrong". I really like the flexibility of UNC's curriculum, but Berkeley is funding my first year. How do people make such hard decisions? 😕😕

How do I decide between Tulane and GW? Both for Epi. I have to make a decision for GW by the 15th and I have no idea how to decide (not factoring in the differences in the locations of the two).
Rejected from BU. Not surprised. It was sort of a reach with my stats. Womp.
I'm doing the MSPH in International Health-SBI. How about you?
If they haven't started a FB group we probably could
What other schools have you applied to?
I'm pretty sure I am!Anyone actually attending Drexel? I think I'm going! haven't paid the deposit yet though.
UT Houston, SDSU, UIC and USF. I'm thinking of applying to Mercer before their deadline as well.
Silly question, but does anyone know if the enrollment deposit is just another fee or will go towards your tuition?
Columbia's is a fee (doesn't go towards tuition) -- I asked the fin aid office last week. 🙁Silly question, but does anyone know if the enrollment deposit is just another fee or will go towards your tuition?
Those are really good schools. Have you heard back from any of them? I'm waiting to hear back from UIC as well.
Not yet, but I applied pretty late in the application cycle. I called UIC yesterday and they said they're trying to get the rest of the decisions out by the end of this or next week.

I'm pretty sure I am!
Hello
I have been accepted to BU MPH Epidemiology program as well as GWU MPH Epidemiology program and i am honestly having a tough time deciding between the two.
I wanted to know in terms of: Job acceptance after the program? How many semesters each program is? How is the academic staff in terms of helpfulness and responding to questions? If there are international opportunities? Internships?
I am just really confused and want all the information i can get
You should request a copy of their CEPH self studies or maybe you can find it online. Someone on here suggested it a while ago. It really helped me. Or just email professors.
Hello
I have been accepted to BU MPH Epidemiology program as well as GWU MPH Epidemiology program and i am honestly having a tough time deciding between the two.
I wanted to know in terms of: Job acceptance after the program? How many semesters each program is? How is the academic staff in terms of helpfulness and responding to questions? If there are international opportunities? Internships?
I am just really confused and want all the information i can get
Congratulations! Very exciting! I actually accepted a spot in the MPH/RD program at the University of Washington so I'll be there in the fall. Yay for RD's to be! 🙂Hey! Yes it sounds like we have been experiencing the same frustrations! I haven't been on this forum in weeks because I needed to get the situation off my mind, it was driving me crazy. I just signed on today to post that I was actually accepted yesterday off the waitlist!!
I hope you hear back soon and that it is good news!! Good luck and definitely keep me posted!!🙂
I just looked at student survey responses about faculty, how long it actually took people to complete the program, student outcome data (whether they were employed or continuing education), and I read about the research centers and projects.What did you look for exactly in the CEPH self studies to help make a decision? They're just so long!
I applied for the same program as you did; do you mind telling me when you applied? I applied super late as well and I'm patiently waiting [emoji4]
I submitted my SOPHAS on 1/31 and it was verified by them on 3/10.
AWESOME! Yeah Definitely would like to get in touch. I'm in the epidemiology tract. I've been reading up on the bios of the different professors. Are they pretty open and approachable?

You should request a copy of their CEPH self studies or maybe you can find it online. Someone on here suggested it a while ago. It really helped me. Or just email professors.
So, how exactly does one get these self studies? Do I need to contact each school?
A lot of schools will have an accreditation section in their 'About' section. Otherwise, Google.
Are most mph students girls? I'm a guy and feel like im in the minority here..not like im complaining but just wondering
Are most mph students girls? I'm a guy and feel like im in the minority here..not like im complaining but just wondering
Haha, preach on! I'm currently in an MPH program, and honestly that's been one of my major complaints about Tulane. I think it depends on the university, and more so the program and department you're in. Guys tend to lean more towards epidemiology and biostatistics. It's been tough socially for me here, since I feel like a minority being a single guy amongst many girls who are in long-distance relationships.
I head You're Dreaming Services is hiring 😉Hi everyone, I looked up public service loan forgiveness & if you work in a 501 (3) non profit for 10 years & pay based on IBR, the remainder of your loans are erased/forgiven TAX FREE.....yay
Now I know Obama has said he'll cap the forgiven amount at $57,500 but that's only a proposal
Isn't that cool, TAX FREE, wow
So my question to you guys is this? What 501 (3) nonprofits are out there where you can make $70-120K ?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.