MPH Imperial College vs. King's College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

733yk

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I've recently received an offer from both Imperial and King's College in London for a MPH. I think both schools are really good, but I'm having a hard time choosing which would be the best. Any suggestions? I'm interested in Medical school in the U.S. afterwards.
 
Hi everyone! I've recently received an offer from both Imperial and King's College in London for a MPH. I think both schools are really good, but I'm having a hard time choosing which would be the best. Any suggestions? I'm interested in Medical school in the U.S. afterwards.

All I can offer is that I did my Master's at University of Cambridge and it seemed that Imperial carried more weight among my professors and peers and was better known for its academics, specifically in medicine and engineering. I also believe that the Physician to the Queen is part of the Imperial faculty. 🙂 Best of luck with your decision.
 
All I can offer is that I did my Master's at University of Cambridge and it seemed that Imperial carried more weight among my professors and peers and was better known for its academics, specifically in medicine and engineering. I also believe that the Physician to the Queen is part of the Imperial faculty. 🙂 Best of luck with your decision.
Thanks for your input! Why do you think Imperial carried more weight among professors? Do you have an idea of which school would benefit me the most, given that I will return to the U.S. for medical school? I'm really torn between these two schools and can't seem to decide which would be better..