This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnMPHseeker

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m an international student majored in Health Administration , and I want to pursue a graduate degree in Health Policy program in the USA.

I have looked through many different Public Health schools, but l’m wondering which one is the best for Health Policy. If you have any idea , could you please list for me the best schools for this concentration ?

P.S: It’s okay even if the school is costly, I will be funded by my country, so, tuition will not be a barrier for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on taking the next step in your public health journey! I'm going into my first year at Emory, studying health policy & management.

There is no "best" school for an MPH in health policy. A lot of students did discuss school rankings, but honestly, in the end you should choose the best school for you. You also might have a different list of schools to apply to depending on your qualifications; some schools are harder than others to get into. As you're doing your research on schools, you'll want to consider the school's MPH curriculum, the location for school/internship opportunities, what students think of the school, and what you want to do with your MPH degree.

If you want to work in a government agency, George Washington University is a great school and there's Emory if you want to work at the CDC. UNC Chapel Hill, Harvard, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Boston University, NYU, Columbia, Yale are all great schools as well. A friend of mine went to University of Pittsburgh for health policy too. Definitely do a lot of research and expand your search beyond these schools. Good luck!