MPH issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jideade

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi al, I am s fresh medical graduate and i am interested in getting a masters degree in PH. Pls i need help as to choices of school, requirements... GRE and all, and ways as to funding and assistantship.

Members don't see this ad.

jideade said:
Hi al, I am s fresh medical graduate and i am interested in getting a masters degree in PH. Pls i need help as to choices of school, requirements... GRE and all, and ways as to funding and assistantship.

Hi jideade,
I am in the process of applying for the mph program at emory and as far as I know once you have an md you don't need the GRE. You should look at the schools that interest you and look up the admission req some schools may even accept the MCAT scores. As for choice of schools it depends on what you want, I liked Emory b/c of the opportunity to work at CDC and they have a good epi program. As for funding it depends on the school Emory has limited funding but I have noticed that some other schools tend to offer more. Just a thought, take a look at the EIS program from CDC www.cdc.gov/eis/ this is the link if you are interested in epi. Hope this helps a little and good luck.
:laugh: :D

Thanks Bettyboo. Pls what is MCAT and how does one get that?