MPH Programs in UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mich2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the MPH programs offered in the UK? such as Birmingham, Cambridge? London?? Anyone currently there or graduated? how are these schools for ranking etc.

I really want to go to school in the UK but I want to make sure I make a good choice.

Any feedback is great! thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

can someone please give some advice... 314 views and no replies?? please help :)

can someone please give some advice... 314 views and no replies?? please help :)

I am applying to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. I have done a bit of research on U of Cambridge and have found that it seems more research oriented. U of Cambridge, in general, is a top-ranked university worldwide and is consistently side-by-side by the likes of Harvard, CalTech, Stanford, Princeton, etc. Whether or not that speaks to the MPH program is a different matter. Also, my sense is that UK public health programs tend to be more global oriented, whereas U.S. schools tend to have a global concentration as way into the international field. (Of course, this is not always the case. Top-ranked MPH programs in the U.S. are generally world renowned.) This is especially true, I think, of the London School.

I have not found any ranking related information for MPH programs abroad. It's safe to say that U.S. programs tend to be the only ones - how shall we put it - 'concerned' about their place in ranking. If you see yourself in an international setting in the longer-term (e.g., WHO, UN, NGO abroad, etc.), attending a school outside the U.S., I think, is definitely one ticket to get there. If you think there is a way for you to attend a MPH abroad and it's a good fit, I say go for it. Good luck! :)