MPH requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blackeyedsusan

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I know this is a very loosely-based question, but are there any specific prereq courses required for an MPH?

I imagine the details vary across programs, concentrations, etc. I'm interested in environmental health, possibly epidemiology, and have a non-science bachelor's. Any information would be very helpful!
 
from what i've read through various mph programs there aren't any specific courses that you have to take as prereqs. some programs though, specifically some epi and biostatistics programs do require you do have a strong science or quantitive background. 🙂
but it really depends on the school so you'll have to search through each individual program requirements to know for sure
 
best way to find out is to contact the schools you're interested. different schools have different requirements, some ask for than others. good luck!