MPH without BA/BS (have PA Masters)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tangerinepuddle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if one were never technically awarded a BA/BS because they were accepted into a Physician Assistant program that did not require completion of a Bachelors and then graduated with the Masters PA.

Could one get into an MPH program? Would they overlook not technically having a BA/BS because there is evidence of a graduate degree?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What if one were never technically awarded a BA/BS because they were accepted into a Physician Assistant program that did not require completion of a Bachelors and then graduated with the Masters PA.

Could one get into an MPH program? Would they overlook not technically having a BA/BS because there is evidence of a graduate degree?

Thanks

I not sure about that. Im a PA, but I received a Bachelor's upon completion. I attended one of the only schools left in the US where you can sit for the PANCE after graduating from a Bachelor's program.

You should definitely call the schools that you are interested in and ask them specifically what they're requirements are. I feel like you will be ok since you have clearly demonstrated that you can handle graduate course work.

Good luck with everything :-D

Look out Tulane. Their Tropical medicine program is for MDs, RNs, PAs, NP and Pharmacist. They might waive the bs/ba requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in the same boat... current PharmD student, but never finished an undergraduate degree as they're not required for professional school.

i'd be very interested in hearing the opinion on this- is it frowned upon? I'm looking into going straight to public health school when i graduate.

No you do not need a BS. Many Pharmds go on to get MPH degrees and are accepted with experience or just from their doctorate/professional degree. Although, many schools are now requiring the GRE.

Im in the same boat... current PharmD student, but never finished an undergraduate degree as they're not required for professional school.

i'd be very interested in hearing the opinion on this- is it frowned upon? I'm looking into going straight to public health school when i graduate.

What do you plan on doing?

^ I'm not really sure... however, I've always been been interested in clinical pharmacy, but I have to say I'm just a little more interested in the research side of public health particularly in Infectious Disease