MSN/FNP to CRNA???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lloydchristmas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any bridge programs for those who already have completed Master's in Nursing w/ FNP cert track who are interested in Anesthesia?

Members don't see this ad.

Lloyd- What Happened To That Sweet Np Gig You Got After Graduation?
I have a buddy who is an fnp/crna. he was a former icu rn and still had to do the whole 2 yr crna program. he makes BIG BUCKS( 180k ish) now as a critical care intensivist splitting his time between surgical icu and the o.r.

Members don't see this ad :)
emedpa said:
Lloyd- What Happened To That Sweet Np Gig You Got After Graduation?
I have a buddy who is an fnp/crna. he was a former icu rn and still had to do the whole 2 yr crna program. he makes BIG BUCKS( 180k ish) now as a critical care intensivist splitting his time between surgical icu and the o.r.

Hey emed... still have it, in fact it just got up to where we originally planned which is why I'm looking around at my options in case something goes haywire. If I can find a quick way from MSN/FNP to CRNA that would possibly be the most efficient way I know to replace my current income as I'm in the $$$ range of your CRNA buddy now.

lloydchristmas said:
Thank you.

Just goto the AANA website, and research each individual school. Email the director or call them direct. YOu will find much more precise info if you approach it that way. Programs differ, some grant MSN, some MS. I suppose if you attend a MSN program you may be awarded credit for some research and theory nuring mumbo jumbo courses that are required for MSN. THe MS programs are usually not as lienent with these issues and require you to enter the program go full time and complete on schedule. Like I said just research the program and contact the director to find out whats up.