MSTP Average MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miasma

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew average MCAT scores for MSTP programs or a place where they are listed? It's hard to find info like that on these programs! They're so secretive! Any information would be helpful, thanks!

---
Merry

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. But, in general, they're around 33 or 34, with one or two points higher in each category than regular MD. GPA is usually higher too. But, research experience and letters of rec are also taken very seriously.So, it might just be that people interested in MD/PhD tend to be good test takers and get high scores. In general, this info can be found on the individual websites for the MD/PhD programs.

Hope that helps.

Adam

wow great! I expected the average to be much higher than that. I guess I'm in the game then huh!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's very important to note that people with high MCAT scores don't automatically want to do research.

True! True! I was just terrified cause I thought it will be intensely competitive numbers-wise. That average sounds like music to my ears.

Originally posted by Miasma:
•Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew average MCAT scores for MSTP programs or a place where they are listed? It's hard to find info like that on these programs! They're so secretive! Any information would be helpful, thanks!

---
Merry•

It really isn't that MSTPs are so secretive. The problem is that there are a lack of statistics available regarding various programs. Each one is run differently and you'll see there is tremendous variation in all aspects of the admissions process, the overall philosophy of education, and the actual program of study.