MSU CHM: East Lansing or Grand Rapids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madaboutmedlife

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am currently debating between MSU CHM's location in East Lansing V Grand Rapids. I was looking for some insight from current/past medical students from MSU CHM and what they enjoyed/didn't enjoy about each location. Personally I think I could be happy at either location. I am slightly leaning toward East Lansing as I am close with my family and East Lansing is about two hours closer to them. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I am currently debating between MSU CHM's location in East Lansing V Grand Rapids. I was looking for some insight from current/past medical students from MSU CHM and what they enjoyed/didn't enjoy about each location. Personally I think I could be happy at either location. I am slightly leaning toward East Lansing as I am close with my family and East Lansing is about two hours closer to them. Thanks!
Not a student at either, but interviewed at the GR location and I'd personally 100% go with Grand Rapids. The med school building was incredible and GR is an awesome awesome awesome city to live in. EL I'm sure has its perks, but to me, it's a boring city and ultra college-y. Plus, I heard the building is older and the facilities aren't as nice.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't talk about the schools, from an objective standpoint disregarding your personal connections, I would much rather live in Grand Rapids for 4 years than East Lansing. (I live in Michigan)

Reactions: 2 users