MSUCOM Orientation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OsteoMed02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
One week and counting! I can't believe it! Is anyone else getting more nervous and more excited with each day? If anyone from the Class of 2006 would like to post, it'd be appreciated. Enjoy this last week everyone and see you next Thursday!

Julia
:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Julia--
I just wanted to say hello. I'm a CHM student starting this year, but I know that we will be in the same lectures. I'm nervous also, it seems to get worse as the days pass, but I'm also excited.
I know there is a joint CHM and COM activity during orientation week, I hope to meet you there.

John (Mossjoh)

Hey John,

I'm glad to hear that there will be a CHM-COM activity during orientation. I'd like to meet you and introduce myself as well. The thought of starting up lectures again is kind of nervewracking but really exciting too! A helpful thing to remember is that we're all in the same boat! Have fun over these next few days and I will see you in East Lansing.

Take care,
Julia

Members don't see this ad :)
Julia-
I'm already in Lansing in my apartment. I moved in today. Its really nice, I'm living at Village Green. Its just expensive to get everything going, I spent $118 at the grocery store today. I also don't have enough furniture to really fill my aparment, but that will come in time.
When do you move to Lansing? or have you already?

Mossjoh

Hey John-

I've been here in Okemos for about two weeks now. Luckily, after I graduated in 2001, I was able to snag my mom's furniture (she was remodeling and buying new stuff) to take to Grand Rapids with me for the year. But...all of that stuff will come in time for you, don't worry! Check around with friends/family members to see if they have anything you could even borrow for awhile. It truly is going to be an expensive journey for us both. Books/supplies alone are going to cost us a small fortune! It'll be worth it in the long run! Have you gotten a rough copy of your schedule for CHM yet?

Julia

Yeah, I do have a rough schedule. CHM posted it on their website a while ago. You may want to check it out because I know we are in the same lectures for basic sciences.

Go to www.chm.msu.edu
then click on student resources
Find the Fall 2002 calender for Block I

What are you doing to keep yourself occupied while you wait for school to start? Does COM's orientation start this week?

Mossjoh

Hey John-

Yes, COMs orientation starts tomorrow morning! It's the 15th thru the 23rd, but of course we get this weekend off. Our white coat ceremony is on the last day. When does CHMs begin?
Our schedule is pretty hectic too. I took a look at yours and it seems as if we have all of the same classes (we have clinical skills and doctor-patient relationship like you do) but there is a mentor thing that COM doesn't do and we have manipulation class in addition to the regular courses. It's going to be tough but fascinating, I'm sure!
As far as keeping myself occupied, I've just been hanging out with friends and enjoying the time with "no responsibility." I'm also trying to get some leisure reading finished b/c I know I won't feel like reading all that much once the semester begins. Best of luck to you and see you soon!

Julia
:clap:

Good luck to all the class of 2006 from a member of the class of 1994!!

Let me know if I can be a source of information or support.

It is a long road but it will be worth it in the end.:clap: