NYITCOM A off waitlist. Finished a week of orientation at Touro-NY Middletown. What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school should I go to?

• TOURO-NY MIDDLETOWN

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • NYITCOM-OLD WESTBURY

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

premed2324

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finished up orientation week at Touro-NY Middletown and I just got accepted off the waitlist at NYITCOM just now (their orientation week starts Monday). What should I do? Which school should I attend? Everything is happening really fast and I don’t know how to proceed. Please let me know, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Which ones cheaper?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Then go there

Reactions: 4 users
Can you actually bail at this point though? Like have you paid your first check? As long as your dean is fine with it then go for it.

NYITCOM since it’s more established and has get the better connections. And if it’s cheaper, go there. I heard the Middletown campus had issues since it relied too much on Harlem. Honestly it mostly matters on how you do, coming from either school can help you land great residencies in NYC, if that’s where you want to be. I do know the rotations have gotten a little crappier at NYITCOM lately, last I heard they lost NUMC? They have lost a lot of hospital sites … but Middletown rotates mostly upstate and in CT. I would say decide soon. It is SO easy to fall behind because at NYITCOM even though orientation starts Monday you need to start studying today, because the info builds fast for their first quiz test block exam whatever it is. Maybe things have changed… I would try to speak to a student who recently graduated. Honestly, even though NYITCOM is the older school, Touro matches well too and is comparable if not the same… however FYI if Touro still has mandatory attendance with those annoying clickers people used to complain about, then don’t do it lol. If NYITCOM still has streaming and optional lecture attendance, go there so you can make your own study time.

Honestly, after reviewing this page:

And comparing the clinical third year rotation sites vs. Harlem’s (which you won’t be eligible for), I would hands down go to NYITCOM because their clinical affiliations are stronger and well known. Again, this also means nothing when it comes to residency matching, but if third year really matters to you (and it should), I would choose NYITCOM.
Read this about their lectures this year, it seems to be all virtual…

Always go with the cheapest tuition
NYITCOM is more expensive than Touro Middletown, but NYITCOM I am not paying rent and living at home. What is your opinion on both schools?

NYITCOM is more expensive than Touro Middletown, but NYITCOM I am not paying rent and living at home. What is your opinion on both schools?
Doesn’t matter about tuition. It matters about cost of attendance. Which will have you in less debt when you are finished. Go to that one

Reactions: 1 users
I concur that NYITCOM has better hospital connections.

How will the traffic be on 25A?
I commute to NYITCOM westbound from Suffolk. Save for some traffic when they close a lane for construction it's pretty good.

Reactions: 1 user