MU-COM vs. ATSU-KCOM vs. LECOM (Elmira)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmania3489

Reaction score
Need help deciding! I have seat deposits due pretty soon and I'm trying to make somewhat of a decision before spending a lot of money on them.

MU-COM: Pros-- everyone seemed very nice during the interview, they pay for accommodations during rotations if needed, close to home, in a city, provide ipads for notetaking and books, overall good impression, attention to diversity
Cons-- Newer (inaugural class was 2013)

ATSU KCOM: Pros-- Founding DO school, location options across the country for rotations, good facilities
Cons-- Very small town, have to relocate after yr 2, lack of diversity

LECOM: Pros-- Cheapest DO school, service oriented campus culture, special attention to preventative medicine
Cons-- Far from home, doesn't seem as reputable (?), smaller town
*Problem based learning only at this location, seems like it could be good for me but it'd be a new way of learning so unsure about that*

Overall all three schools seem to have high comlex first time pass rates and match rates. I'd appreciate any insight you all might have, especially from those who may have been in a similar position or are now attending these schools.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My vote is LECOM if you think you can stay motivated to self-study during PBL because of the cheap tuition.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to both KCOM and MUCOM. I ultimately chose MUCOM over KCOM but was then accepted to an in-state school. Feel free to message me with any questions!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)