MUA vs SJSM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for the info. So out of those 100 people that started Med1, how many made it to med5 and applied for residency?

People drop out from one med to the previous med if they fail a class so hard to say, but probably out of the roughly 100 we started with probably 60-70 of us made it to med 5 to take the comp. After the comp you start clinicals for two years and you lose track of people so hard to say how many eventually applied for residency.
Ballpark would be probably 40 from my initial class of 100 in Jan 2011 who graduated and matched with me in 2015. Don't know how many matched in the subsequent year. Of the people who dropped from my class to a previous class, I am sure some eventually matched, hard to say how many.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I do not have all of my science prerequisites done, that is why I did not get in into those top-tier programs you mentioned above. MUA has a Gateway program that is only one term long. After that, it’s MD1 for me.

You are exactly the sort of student many of these schools prey on. Maybe you'll beat the odds and finish AND get a residency program. Maybe. Or maybe you'll hold off, do the work that is needed to apply for a US MD/DO school, apply and get in, and then have a much much better chance of success. The schools aren't going anywhere.

Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
You are exactly the sort of student many of these schools prey on. Maybe you'll beat the odds and finish AND get a residency program. Maybe. Or maybe you'll hold off, do the work that is needed to apply for a US MD/DO school, apply and get in, and then have a much much better chance of success. The schools aren't going anywhere.

Good luck.

It's already too late to try to convince OP of anything. They seem pretty set on trying to beat the odds and already committed to a Caribbean program.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I have decided to go to MUA. There’s enough evidence to show that if I am to try hard and be an above average student, I should not have any problems matching into residency.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

I love Nicolas Cage! :)

Yes I have decided to go to MUA. There’s enough evidence to show that if I am to try hard and be an above average student, I should not have any problems matching into residency.

this is going to be a gamble for you brother! Sorry, but you have not taken the MCAT or even handled anything close to med school curriculum yet. How do you know that you would be a top student there? (At least take the MCAT and see if you can get a score above 500). I do not know if you have even been to the island to check out the school and talked to the current students there yet. Sorry bro, I do not see any evidence. GL!!!

I love Nicolas Cage! :)

this is going to be a gamble for you brother! Sorry, but you have not taken the MCAT or even handled anything close to med school curriculum yet. How do you know that you would be a top student there? (At least take the MCAT and see if you can get a score above 500). I do not know if you have even been to the island to check out the school and talked to the current students there yet. Sorry bro, I do not see any evidence. GL!!!
I understand your concern, I really do. However, I did my research and I have spoken with the current students that are at that school so I know exactly what to expect. As far as MCAT goes, I am taking mine end of August to see how I do on it, before I start my schooling. And as far as medical experience in previous curricula in the medical field, I have quite a bit actually. I’ve been a respiratory therapist for the last five years and before that I was a paramedic so I had some pre-med curriculum which will help me along the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Mental strength is very important. Avoid the pitfalls by seeing them in advance and study smart. Good luck with everything.

I’ve been a respiratory therapist for the last five years and before that I was a paramedic so I had some pre-med curriculum which will help me along the way.
This should help you a lot. Respiratory physiology/pathology are a big part of the curriculum. The EMTs I've come across in med school have had a really good understanding of cardio. You can build on this.

I understand your concern, I really do. However, I did my research and I have spoken with the current students that are at that school so I know exactly what to expect. As far as MCAT goes, I am taking mine end of August to see how I do on it, before I start my schooling. And as far as medical experience in previous curricula in the medical field, I have quite a bit actually. I’ve been a respiratory therapist for the last five years and before that I was a paramedic so I had some pre-med curriculum which will help me along the way.

that is great. I think that might be very helpful. Keep updating us how you are doing. (You might help me and others too by doing that!). GL bro!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, a lot of what's been said about MUA above is true. My class started off with ~100 people in med 1 and probably ~30-40 of us eventually matched. The odds aren't pretty.

If you're headed down there, you've got to go with a particular mindset; mainly that you're there to test how much you can really accomplish if you really push yourself mentally. If you feel you were the kind of student who could study a couple days before the exam and get a C or D, this is going the time to study every day, all semester long, and get the highest score possible.

If you keep the same mentality as before, you will not match. No room anymore for Cs and Ds (probably not even Bs). Its blunt and simple, but true.

I don't often "like" posts on SDN, but this is an appreciated and even-handed assessment of a program that historically has not had good representation on these fora. I'm curious though if you could expand on what "very doable" means to you, and also what circumstances led to you going to the Caribbean. You sound like a competitive and aggressive student, and I would say your Step scores are well above average for Step 1 and 2 USMD students even. I'm a 2016 grad from SGU and to be frank I pretty strongly dissuade most prospective students from applying for Caribbean schools given how predatory and manipulative most of their business practices have become in the last 5 years. I agree with you that it can be a path to success for some (I like to think I'm one of them, as I am very happy with my residency and career prospects.) But I wonder that you are not a prototypical applicant for Caribbean schools, which often include people looking for a "short cut" to physician-hood. I'm very interested in your thoughts having nearly completed your training in a very competitive specialty as a MUA grad.

Hey guys, I got excepted into two Caribbean medical schools. Medical University of the Americas (Nevis island) and Saint James School of Medicine (Antigua). At MUA, I got excepted into premed gateway medical program which is one term long as I’m lacking some science courses. Taking my MCAT end if August.
SJSM is excepting me straight into their MD program.
MUA is more reputable and has title IV US gov loans (175k)
SJSM is all private loans (80k) and low reputation
MUA is good for all 50 states while SJMS is lacking about 10 states.
Both schools claim about 88% success rate of residency matching.
99% success rate step 1 test pass guarantee.
Which school should I go for?
Your choices are these:

• Love
Hey guys, I got excepted into two Caribbean medical schools. Medical University of the Americas (Nevis island) and Saint James School of Medicine (Antigua). At MUA, I got excepted into premed gateway medical program which is one term long as I’m lacking some science courses. Taking my MCAT end if August.
SJSM is excepting me straight into their MD program.
MUA is more reputable and has title IV US gov loans (175k)
SJSM is all private loans (80k) and low reputation
MUA is good for all 50 states while SJMS is lacking about 10 states.
Both schools claim about 88% success rate of residency matching.
99% success rate step 1 test pass guarantee.
Which school should I go for?

accepted***

Last edited:

Are you just trolling us? You can't really believe this, right?

• Haha
MD vs DO degree
“In 2020, the 3,109 residency positions offered in 2017 by AOA-approved programs will become available to graduates of MD programs as a result of the merger between the ACGME and the AOA. No longer will these spots be exclusively available to DOs without competition from MDs.”
This is a direct quote from their website, any comments on this as far as getting more residency positions goes?
Well, for one DO's match rate still went up a little bit even with increasing number of new grads and the fact that most AOA residencies have already transitioned into ACGME.

Last edited:
These 3 posts are ridiculous:rofl::wtf:
I appreciate your information, I will actually be going to MUA. Hopefully they are better than that as they are higher tier school.

HIGHER TIER LOL

Well, I do not have all of my science prerequisites done, that is why I did not get in into those top-tier programs you mentioned above. MUA has a Gateway program that is only one term long. After that, it’s MD1 for me.

Talking about top-tier when talking about Caribbean schools shows how out of touch you are with anything happening on these islands or in the Medical field for that matter.

Can you please show us the evidence? I'd really like to see any semblance of it.
Dude, I'm from the Caribbean, so let me tell you that you're in for a bumpy ride. Good luck because you will need it. I really hope to see you make it through, so please update us on your situation every now and then. Good or Bad. Just remember that we warned you if everything goes wrong.

I don't often "like" posts on SDN, but this is an appreciated and even-handed assessment of a program that historically has not had good representation on these fora. I'm curious though if you could expand on what "very doable" means to you, and also what circumstances led to you going to the Caribbean. You sound like a competitive and aggressive student, and I would say your Step scores are well above average for Step 1 and 2 USMD students even. I'm a 2016 grad from SGU and to be frank I pretty strongly dissuade most prospective students from applying for Caribbean schools given how predatory and manipulative most of their business practices have become in the last 5 years. I agree with you that it can be a path to success for some (I like to think I'm one of them, as I am very happy with my residency and career prospects.) But I wonder that you are not a prototypical applicant for Caribbean schools, which often include people looking for a "short cut" to physician-hood. I'm very interested in your thoughts having nearly completed your training in a very competitive specialty as a MUA grad.

I was a probably the lousiest student around in high school and as a undergraduate, mainly due to profound laziness and was into everything but studying (making music, partying etc). When I mentioned getting C's and D's with studying the night before the exam, I was talking from self experience. I always figured if I could get a C on a final from just studying 8-12 hours, I could probably get an A if I studied most days of the semester. After scraping through undergrad, I studied at home for over a month or so and got a 28 on the MCAT (don't know how this correlates with the newer score, but I think its close to average), which though gratifiing, still got me turned down from a bunch of caribbean schools including AUA, SGU, Ross because of my abysmal GPA. And again, these are schools which, like has been mentioned, prey on weaker students, and even they felt there was no way I could pass board exams and match. The guy from AUA actually asked if I was serious considering going to med school on my phone interview lol. So after getting through all that, and mentally done with being a failure as a student and finally getting to the island on MUA, I was boiling with motivation.

'Doable' to me means, if you honestly are willing to put 6-8 hours of studying AFTER class every single day, then its doable. I think most people would agree that medicine is not purely about smarts or intelligence, its about basic concepts and repetition (and clinical intuition, which develops later). Once you understand the concept and repeat the details over and over and over and over again.. at some point in those 8 hours of study after lecture every day, it'll stick. That, to me, was doable. To the people in my class who either dropped out or failed out, it wasn't.

I still dissuade people from going the Caribbean route, 100%. I have family and friends asking about the Caribbean route and I've turned almost everyone away from going down this road. Definitely not trying to paint a rosy picture. However if someone is already there, or in the case of OP, pretty settled on heading down there, I am available for advice, insight or any help that I can provide.

Reactions: 3 users
If you end up going to SJSM, keep your expectations super low. The quoted prices are not correct on their website. You will pay more, and you won't know where the money is going. You'll be paying for an opportunity to write your Step. You will have to teach yourself almost everything. You will not learn about how medicine is practiced in the Western world and if you want to have a fighting chance to succeed, you'll have to have a lot of support. You'll do better if you have a family member or close friend who is a practicing doctor in the US or Canada, to set you straight after you learn the wrong information. On every break you have, go home and talk to this person so that you can stay on the right track with your studies.

Only do this if you are truly convinced that you can put aside the injustice of what you'll go through. You will be a cash cow for someone who set up a for-profit medical school with the sole purpose of extracting money from you. You have a 15% chance of making it out of basic sciences at the end of MD5, and no one you speak to on the island or at head office is going to care about that - it is status quo.

You will be on your own academically and emotionally. The people that survive SJSM and get through it without taking breaks, are people that are resilient and can make success happen without help. Having worked in healthcare previously would also help, as you will know if something you are told is straight up garbage info.

If in the past you were the kind of university student that liked going to class to soak up all sorts of interesting and beneficial information, and you looked up to your professors for being informed and balanced in their approach to the topics they taught, then get that idea out of your head now. This is not how it is.

Don't get involved in SGA unless you're trying to pad your resume. It is a joke - a charade that is tolerated by administration so that they can check that box when accreditors come by to assess the school. Nothing you do will change how the school does business. Do not show up thinking that things can change if only you brought it to their attention.

If you go to SJSM, make sure you have lots of extra money to pay for your clinicals well before you start them. Often, you'll have paid for your entire clinical component before you start it. The billing cycle does not rest if you have to take extra time to rewrite your NBME or study for Step 1. Have hard copies of books so that you can study when the power goes out. If you are a female, get ready to get sexually harassed every day - you cannot escape this. You will get harassed in the most disgusting ways you've ever experienced. If you are male, get ready to watch it happen while recognizing that you can't do anything about it.

Start deconstructing any idealistic views you have now, so that it doesn't destroy you while you're on the island.

Thanks for your post. I have a few follow up questions....

What type of support would you recommend for someone going to SJSM? I know you mentioned family /friends in the states, but what doesn’t one need on the island that the school lacks ?

Also, sexually harassed by whom?

Thanks for your post. I have a few follow up questions....

What type of support would you recommend for someone going to SJSM? I know you mentioned family /friends in the states, but what doesn’t one need on the island that the school lacks ?

Also, sexually harassed by whom?
Having emotional and financial support really takes the edge off. Every person is different, but if you have supportive parents who you keep in touch with, that does help. Not struggling financially will let you divert more energy to school and less towards worrying about finances. But, at the end of the day, you really need to rely on yourself. The advice you get from upper classmen could be good, or total garbage. You may find an instructor that you connect with and get quality info from, but you may not.

The best support to rely on, is the kind you provide yourself by being strong. If you require any sort of academic accommodation for a learning disability or medical condition, figure out a way to not need that accommodation before you get here. I've seen students mocked to the point of tears or forced out. Don't be known for anything special. Blend in and keep your head down. Be a low needs individual that doesn't ask for anything or rock the boat. You need to keep track of what you need to learn on your own. You can't rely on the classes to guide in in the right direction. Figure out what is on the NBME/USMLE step 1 and make sure you cover all those topics. Caribbean med school success is about you knowing what you need to study from day one.

Logistically speaking, get an apartment close to school so that you don't have to rely on anyone else for transportation. Stock up on groceries that you like when they come into stock, and don't be picky. I know this is weird, but I thought about how I would survive prison and applied that to school. Like, do some push-ups etc., read, eat to live (not live to eat), drink water, don't dwell on the fun things you're missing out on, and don't expect the people around you to look out for you. Basically, maximize on what you're there for and save your other desires for later when you're a doctor.

As for the sexual harassment, it comes from locals. The Saint Vincent campus is right across the street from a KFC and a grocery store. The alley that goes from the school to the grocery store is lined with fruit vendors etc., and some of them will harass you (some are nice). You will also be harassed in the grocery store. Inside the school is totally safe in my opinion.

Imho, I think you should stay at least a year to try thing stateside. If you go MUA, you still have to do a year of pre-med anyway. If you do pre-med here in the U.S., it is cheaper to take courses at a community college or state university. And you also have time to study for the MCAT and apply for U.S. med schools.

You are probably aware that it is going to be harder to go Carib than U.S. Asides from the diffculties of being away very far from family and studying in a foreigh country, it is usually harder to make it through school there (the attrition rate is high for many reasons, one is that they let in many who do not belong there). Harder to get in residency, you usually have to score higher on Step exams than U.S. students. Many other competitive specialties are usually out of reach for Carib students.

Speaking about Step exams, Step 1 could be changed to P/F instead of being scored like the way it is now (check out Med Student's MD / DO here on SDN, it is a hot topic now). If changed to P/F, it would add another layer of difficulties for Carib students coming back to the U.S. for residency as traditionally they rely only on performance on Step exams to gain residency. This change is still being discussed but the tentative schedule is that the change could be implemented at the end of 2019 and throughout 2020. So it could be soon. Even if you have already decided to go Carib, I think you should wait a bit to see what is going to happen there to plan accordingly.

Speaking about age, I am older than you (40's) so I understand why you want to go Carib. But I think it is more advantage for you to stay in the U.S. to complete your pre-med study, take the MCAT, and try applying U.S. med schools.

Regarding MUA, per my research, there have been changes at MUA recently. (Do a search here, here are posts about MUA on SDN). I never went there so I have no idea what is going there. But I was not impressed much from talking with the admission office.

A lot of people recommend St. George, one of the big 4 (Ross, St. Geroge, AUC, Saba), and they have pre-med track and also have Title IV loan. My impression from talking with them was good, very informative.

I do not have any idea about SJSM. I saw a Youtube channel of a SJSM's grad who is doing residency in surgery. He seems doing well there.

If you have the money and do not care about Title IV loans, check out more schools. My impression with UMHS was excellent talking to their offices and allumni. They have 4 year and 5 year MD programs.

One important thing about Carib schools, of all the schools I talked too, they are very vague about how many rotation spots they have available for 3 year students. When you look at the large numbers of students they are taking in, it is clear that they are going to squeeze out a lot of students to make it fit the numbers of rotation that they have.

In short, it is good for you to stay to finish your pre-med study, take the MCAT, and try applying to U.S. med school first. It only takes about a year like you said but it will save you a lot work and trouble down the road.

PM me if you would like to discuss more or things you do not want to post publicly.

:thumbup:
My daughter has been interviewing at same residency programs as st George applicants, they remarked that they were deeply in debt. She paid cash. She attended st James.

I am a current student as SJSM and I chose SJSM because of time constraints due to COVID. The MCAT was canceled due to COVID and I had undergraduate student loans due. It was not my first choice by any means, but situation dictated. I had to hurry and get into a program. I can tell you this for sure. We had a little over 50 students and we had about 4-5 drop out after the first week. SJSM is a for profit school and yes it gives people the opportunity to gain a medical school degree without being a STEM student. I have a STEM degree from my undergraduate, but what I am discovering is exactly as some forums say. You will teach yourself and do not expect anything less. I have people in my class who are true idiots. I know they will not make it to the end, yet here they are every day. I think they are the "place holders" to sustain an income stream. The professors there seem nice, but they do not teach anything and the power point slides are not put together in an organized manner. I ended up going on course hero and downloaded all power points related to my classes and followed their organization. It was much better, but it is still necessary to search and find the correct program to help teach you such as lecturio or similar programs. The cost is cheaper, which is very enticing for those of us who do not want large student debt. I knew I would have to teach myself, but the way the tests are given are extremely a poor reflection of actual knowledge within the subject. If your professor likes one area over the other....then you will get testing primarily on that and "to hell" with everything else you studied. The number of questions are low on the test so it is a roulette game on what they will put on there and it will span over about 4-6 chapters of an academic book. You better know every little detail or you won't do well. The accreditation is active there, and California did approve them recently so I'm hoping that will prove beneficial for the "pending" status on accreditation.

With that being said, I did speak with previous colleagues, as I have worked in a medical setting prior to medical school, and I have discovered SJSM is not the best place, but it really depends on the student (as everywhere else does Stateside or otherwise). The placements of the 2020 class showed promise for sure, but again it is strictly dependent upon the drive of each student. I can see already that few people in my class will make it. I do not know why most of the students even tried medical school in the first place...especially without having a science based degree. It is annoying in that respect because the time I spend in my undergrad in my STEM field makes the basic science courses a review, but the others with non science degrees are drowning. I think a STEM degree should be an absolute for entry into ANY medical school. The school is an accelerated program for medical school which means it is faster paced then their competition and they offer a decelerated program to help those that fall behind. I don't know how that would actually look in the end, but the challenges are already stacked against you from attending a Caribbean Medical School in the first place, I wouldn't want to add to it if is viewed adversely to go into that program.

The school requires you pass the NBME prior to taking the USMLE and those that do not pass are not able to take the USMLE. The take away is that the high scores on USMLE step 1 are not truly reflected on what would have been if those individuals took it strictly based on their current knowledge at the time. I am unsure if other Caribbean schools do this to pad the the score percentage. With that being said, those that do pass with flying colors are the ones that typically make it and those that don't...well they stay and pay while sitting there.

I will share my experience since SJSM is clearly dogged upon here in multiple threads, but also remember the fact that Caribbean Schools are there as a "hail marry" for students to be given an opportunity. I also know medical doctors that did come from Caribbean medical schools and I would trust them over some doctors I know from Stateside schools. It really depends on the level of effort put in by each student. Just understand no matter what medical school you choose, it is your job to study and learn and expect nothing less than 8+ additional hours of studying post class time.

I am a current student as SJSM and I chose SJSM because of time constraints due to COVID. The MCAT was canceled due to COVID and I had undergraduate student loans due.

Loans are delayed until September so you could have easily deferred a term to take the MCAT and began in late August at a big 3.

SJSM isn't even a hail mary, go check out it's CAAM accreditation history. Been on probation for years and was on the shortlist for losing the accreditation which it was likely going to lose in the upcoming site visit but COVID has since delayed that.

Forget about the good vs bad student scenario that is normally present in Carib schools because if your school loses that accreditation then it's game over. ECFMG requirements are changing and won't be fulfilled if you guys lose it so that means no one in your class will get to even apply for US residency; doesn't matter if they have 280+ step scores and a letter from the pope.

We've had a fair number of transfers into Ross from SJSM over this very reason. Same thing happened to AAIMS and American International Medical University (which seem to be somehow even worse than SJSM).

I am a current student as SJSM and I chose SJSM because of time constraints due to COVID. The MCAT was canceled due to COVID and I had undergraduate student loans due. It was not my first choice by any means, but situation dictated. I had to hurry and get into a program.

No, you didn't. That's the exact sort of impulsive, myopic thinking that drives so many pre-meds to the Caribbean. What you could have done is gotten a job as a medical assistant or CNA, taken a few gap years, and then applied to US MD/DO programs once your application was ready. It makes far more sense to start medical school 2-3 years from now with a >90% chance of becoming a physician (which is the case at virtually all US MD and DO schools) than to start medical school immediately with a coin flip's chance of becoming a physician. Have you heard of the concept of "delayed gratification"?

Regarding the rest of your post: While SJSM doesn't post official figures on student attrition, several posts on SDN from current and former SJSM students have included estimates of 70-80% attrition. Is that estimate inflated? Well, you say in your post that your class had 50 matriculants. The school has three starting dates for students (January, May, and September), so assuming each entering class has around 50 students, that would mean a grand total of 150 students per entering class. How many students match every year? I checked the match list that SJSM posts on its website, and there were ~50 matches in 2020. Until SJSM publishes audited data to the contrary, I will have to assume that only ~30% of entering students at SJSM are ever able to become practicing physicians. This lines up quite nicely with what current and former SJSM students on SDN have said. And what, dare I ask, happens to the lucky survivors on the island? Per the school's posted match list, most enter community family medicine programs in undesirable areas.

Please come back after your class enters the match (if you're still enrolled as a student when that happens) and let us know how things turned out for everybody.

---

Advice to any lurkers on this thread who are considering applying to offshore medical schools: Before even considering the Caribbean, apply broadly to US medical programs (MD and DO) for at least two cycles. If your GPA is too low, do an SMP. If your MCAT is too low, revise your study strategies and re-take it. If you did all of this and still couldn't get into a domestic program, then consider alternative healthcare careers (especially podiatric medicine). If you've exhausted all of your academic options and truly cannot fathom being anything other than a medical doctor, then apply to Ross and SGU. If you can't get into Ross and SGU, then explore other professions you might enjoy.

I appreciate your information, I will actually be going to MUA. Hopefully they are better than that as they are higher tier school.

they're not a higher tier school. The only "good" or "higher tier" schools in the Carib are SGU, Ross, and AUC. Every other caribbean school basically expect them to take your money, and you have no degree or match to show for it at the end.

I was a probably the lousiest student around in high school and as a undergraduate, mainly due to profound laziness and was into everything but studying (making music, partying etc). When I mentioned getting C's and D's with studying the night before the exam, I was talking from self experience. I always figured if I could get a C on a final from just studying 8-12 hours, I could probably get an A if I studied most days of the semester. After scraping through undergrad, I studied at home for over a month or so and got a 28 on the MCAT (don't know how this correlates with the newer score, but I think its close to average), which though gratifiing, still got me turned down from a bunch of caribbean schools including AUA, SGU, Ross because of my abysmal GPA. And again, these are schools which, like has been mentioned, prey on weaker students, and even they felt there was no way I could pass board exams and match. The guy from AUA actually asked if I was serious considering going to med school on my phone interview lol. So after getting through all that, and mentally done with being a failure as a student and finally getting to the island on MUA, I was boiling with motivation.

'Doable' to me means, if you honestly are willing to put 6-8 hours of studying AFTER class every single day, then its doable. I think most people would agree that medicine is not purely about smarts or intelligence, its about basic concepts and repetition (and clinical intuition, which develops later). Once you understand the concept and repeat the details over and over and over and over again.. at some point in those 8 hours of study after lecture every day, it'll stick. That, to me, was doable. To the people in my class who either dropped out or failed out, it wasn't.

I still dissuade people from going the Caribbean route, 100%. I have family and friends asking about the Caribbean route and I've turned almost everyone away from going down this road. Definitely not trying to paint a rosy picture. However if someone is already there, or in the case of OP, pretty settled on heading down there, I am available for advice, insight or any help that I can provide.
How is it at MUA- coming along? Do you still recommend? I have a phone interview tomorrow. Thanks

bro their match list looks like @ss

they matched like 80 people out of probably 300 who started

95 percent FM or IM

Their match list doesn't even tell you post-graduate year lol
Where are you getting your facts?. MUA class size 70-80 students per enrollment.

Where are you getting your facts?. MUA class size 70-80 students per enrollment.
They had 81 listed matches including US and Canada in 2020. They have 3 semesters a year, so 70x3=210. 81/210=~38% of people who start match into a residency. 300, 240, or 210 it doesn't matter, at that point you can say a majority of people who go don't match.

How is it at MUA- coming along? Do you still recommend? I have a phone interview tomorrow. Thanks

I graduated ~ 5 years ago and was on the island ~8 years ago. I gave some pretty detailed thoughts regarding MUA in this same thread. Let me know if you have any specific questions.