multi mini interview (mmi) for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA MCDB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have an interview very soon and I went over few medical/dental cases and I am not sure if I should go over as many cases as possible or go over ones with more ethical dilemmas...

Any advice for multi mini interviews??

Going over few scenarios will be enough for the preparation?

Also, is there any question regarding an interviewer in mmi?
For ex, what is your weakness?

Members don't see this ad.

You can't really prepare for MMI, you just have to be good at thinking quick on your feet and formulating an opinion. Some questions are generic (what is something you do that makes you stand out from the other applicants), and some are more ethical. Just be yourself and don't stress too much.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The MMI I attended included 2 personal questions and 2 hypothetical questions.

Like for example; why our school, what makes you a good dentist
the two hypothetical questions were ethical questions or what would you do in a certain difficult situation.

The interviewers looked purposefully mean and scary to faze us and fazed I was lol.

You just need to be able to answer their follow up questions, they give you some time to read the initial question before you go to the room or designated table.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to prepare for my MMI interview and none of the resources I found were helpful. I just answered each question honestly and showed them that I was a normal person that could articulate my thoughts. Ended up getting accepted. I know it is easier than it sounds, but just try to relax and stay calm and be your self and you will be good!

Reactions: 1 user
You can't really prepare for MMI, you just have to be good at thinking quick on your feet and formulating an opinion. Some questions are generic (what is something you do that makes you stand out from the other applicants), and some are more ethical. Just be yourself and don't stress too much.
Thank you for the response. It's good to know there are some generic questions.
Here's an article that was published a few months ago that could be helpful too: 5 Tips for Preparing for Multiple Mini Interviews • Student Doctor Network

Unfortunately I don't have any advice because none of my interviews were MMI, but good luck!
Thank you. I will definitely check!
The MMI I attended included 2 personal questions and 2 hypothetical questions.

Like for example; why our school, what makes you a good dentist
the two hypothetical questions were ethical questions or what would you do in a certain difficult situation.

The interviewers looked purposefully mean and scary to faze us and fazed I was lol.

You just need to be able to answer their follow up questions, they give you some time to read the initial question before you go to the room or designated table.
Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I feel more comfortable knowing what's coming.
I tried to prepare for my MMI interview and none of the resources I found were helpful. I just answered each question honestly and showed them that I was a normal person that could articulate my thoughts. Ended up getting accepted. I know it is easier than it sounds, but just try to relax and stay calm and be your self and you will be good!
I guess I cannot really prepare at the moment. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Huge relief.

Reactions: 2 users